cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get oracle dead lock information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

two days back I find oracle dead lock information at SM21 log file but when I checked today the old data was over written by new data.

Where can I find oracle dead lock information other than SM21? can anyone please help

Thanks in advance

Regards

Veera

Edited by: Veerab on Apr 27, 2011 8:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you refered [SAP Note 84348 - Oracle deadlocks, ORA-00060 |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/84348]? It contains good detailed description about possible oracle deadlock situations and analysis.

Along with the trace file generated by oracle (at directory /oracle/<SID>/saptrace/usertrace/), You can get historical information from alert<SID>.log file located at /oracle/<SID>/saptrace/background/.

In alert<SID>.log file the deadlock situation is written with deadlock graph at the time of occurances.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veera

Regards to dead locks, in many of the cases dead locks caused are not caused by oracle database .

They might be mainly caused by application.

You can check these in alert.log file. In alert.log if you notice ORA-0060 dead Lock detected kind of error,

then followed by it there will be a trace file location.

If you check that trace file you can find a graph when you scroll down couple of pages same as which is mentioned

in SAP Note : 84348.

If in your trace file graph is similar to that mentioned in note with 'X' 'X' in columns it denoted an application Deadlock.

Instead of 'X' if you notice 'S' then it can be Oracle DeadLock.

BR

Venkat

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check in DB01 txn code.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> You can check in DB01 txn code.

DB01 lists concurrent locks over the database, not historical data.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

You can have more information under "/oracle/<SID>/saptrace/usertrace". But, deadlock situation may occur many different reasons. In order to address the root cause, you need to investigate the case in detail.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik