SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the ECC6 migration and the retrieving of partner's address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have already post a thread about the use of the table BUT021_FS instead of BUT020 for retrieving partner's standard address.

I do modifications to my specific programs.

But what about the standard?like BUA_BUT020_SELECT_WITH_PARTNER for example

If I read the standard code, I see that it is still using the indicator XDFADR to specify if this address is standard or not.

I am new at ABAP and I want to know your analyse about it.

So, my question is : Is the result of this FM (partner address) correct? what I mean to say if I will use this address to determine if it is a standard or not.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Radz:

With an upgrade or new functionality, old code is not removed. Just because a function exists does not mean it is being used. And it is has to be examined in its context. This is why SAP advises not to use unreleased functions for customer programs. Stick to bapis and the application support is provided.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Radz:

With an upgrade or new functionality, old code is not removed. Just because a function exists does not mean it is being used. And it is has to be examined in its context. This is why SAP advises not to use unreleased functions for customer programs. Stick to bapis and the application support is provided.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood what you mean but I don't use this FM explicitly.

I am analyzing a CRM 7 dump and I see in the traces of st22 the use of this FM.

The dump appears when I create new Organization and Contact in CRM WebUI. May be it's a validation of fields of address.But I think, I must put this other thread in CRM, but I you had some experience with it, it would be very helpful.

Thank you for your help,

Best regards.