Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO03 condition Type

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Above condition type belongs to Rebate Condition, its appear at the time of billing and calculate the rebate and post to FI.

But when I go for credit memo request the following condition type appear in the conditions tab, with automatically two lines of the same condition type like,

BO03 Customer Rebate $ 51.00

BO03 Customer Rebate Accr $ 51.00

and same appear in the credit memo screen, I want the second line appear automatically will not be appear in the credit memo screen it will remain appear till credit memo request, tell me the possible copying control setting so that objective can be achieved.

Looking forward for the response.

Regards,

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Apr 27, 2011 11:19 AM Dont use priority or u(r)gent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether rebate conditions you want to display in sales document or billing document is controlled by requirement type 24, which is assigned in pricing procedure against respective condition type.

kapil

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

dear Kapil,

Requirement 24 is there in the pricing procedure.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Will you explain whole process so we can guide properly

kapil

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Sure,.

I have created a agreement of BO03 agreement type, and use the condition type Bo03 standard, but i will only utilize the "Accural" column in the record let say 5%. example (rebate base 1000 & 5% accural -> accural stand $50.

So when invoice is posted apart from other entries following two entry also generated.

Rebate expense debit $50

Rebate payablle credit $50

and when I settle the accural through credit memo following entry take place.

Rebate Payable debit $50

customer credit $50

Rebate expense credit $50 *

Rebate payablle debit $50 *

So for avoiding the * entry which is not acceptable by the client not to FI concern I want to remove the second condition type that generate automatically, so that above * entry will be removed and following entry will pass at the time of credit memo.

Rebate Payable debit $50

customer credit $50

Hope you understand the scenario. I want the double condition type at the credit memo request level, that is ok and have no issue, but at the tim eof invoice not required.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Imran Khan,

Can you ask your concern FI personal, how he will handle an accrual and settlement entries in account?

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear J Parkhas,

I have ask them they required the same as I mentioned, at the time of invoice,

Rebate expense (debit)

Rebate payable (credit)

at the time of credit memo

Rebate payable (debit)

customer (credit)

thats why I want to remove the 2nd BO03 condition type which create the other entries as well, as mentioned in the previous thread in detail.

Hope it will clear to you..

Regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr Khan,

I believe urgency of solution to you requirement.

STILL, I believe everybody has name and itu2019s a courtesy to spell those name correctly. And even you will expect the same from me. Isnu2019t it? So, am I.

Anyways, coming on to your query...

It is simple accounting.

Initially when rebate accrues on sales billing , you will get the following entry

Accrued Expense a/c Dr.
Accrued Liability a/c Cr.

This entry is passed to keep both you Balance Sheet and P&L in sync.

Then when you actually pay out the accrued amount to the customer then the journal entry that is passed is:

Customer Cr.
Accrued Expense a/c Dr.
Accrued Liability a/c Dr.
Accrued Expense a/c Cr.

The logic behind this is, the original journal entry is reversed to reflect the correct amount accrued that was paid out. You then further debit the expense account to account for the payment.

Have you thought what if you are not paying to the customers then?

If there are still doubts, please don't hesitate to contact or consult external accountant and even you can try post this problem of yours into FI forum for response on settlement of accrual accounting entries in [SAP FI|;.

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear J Prakash,

Will admit your point, and thanks for highlight this area , its really more important.

The said entry has been created in the system. thanks.

But one issue is still there appreciate if you will see.

The accured in the agreement is stand of $ 100, and I pay the partial settlement manually of $50. left $50 stand the system, i again run the partial settlement of $50. now nothing left in the agreement.

In this scenario what is the purpose of "Final settlement" it still open in the agreement, and if I run the settlement it reverse all the impact, like again debit the customer etc.. why this thing happen and how to avoid this.

2nd, If i want to close the agreement after partial settlement, (mean through partial settlement of $50 each complete $100), what will I do, there is no option in the system, the only way I found it to run the settlement, which i believe is not acceptable b/c it reverse the impact.

Hope you will understand and share your experience.

Looking for the feedback.

Thanks

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The accured in the agreement is stand of $ 100, and I pay the partial settlement manually of $50. left $50 stand the system,

i again run the partial settlement of $50. now nothing left in the agreement. In this scenario what is the purpose of Final settlement it still open in the agreement, and if I run the settlement it reverse all the impact, like again debit the customer etc.. why this thing happen and how to avoid this.

This b'coz of Reverse accruals is active in the case of 
manual payment. This field marked, if you want accruals to be 
reversed when a manual payment is made for a rebate agreement 
of this type. The system reverses accruals for the amount of the 
manual payment. If the cumulative accruals are not sufficient, the 
system reverses the accruals amount which exists.

2nd, If i want to close the agreement after partial settlement, (mean through partial settlement of $50 each complete $100), what will I do, there is no option in the system, the only way I found it to run the settlement, which i believe is not acceptable b/c it reverse the impact.

for this maintain the status of the agreement as D-Final
settlement of agreement already carried out. Thereafter, there 
will not be any further processing of agreement.

Please note, the settlement doesn't mean that you are always 
paying to customer, in fact, its settlement of Rebate Agreement,
due to settlement of accrual (partial or full) or closure.

Thanks & Regards

JP

YOU ARE REQUESTED TO USE ONE SDN THREAD FOR ONE QUERY. THIS WILL ASSIST OTHER USERS.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear J Prakash,

"This b'coz of Reverse accruals is active in the case of

manual payment. This field marked, if you want accruals to be

reversed when a manual payment is made for a rebate agreement

of this type. The system reverses accruals for the amount of the

manual payment. If the cumulative accruals are not sufficient, the

system reverses the accruals amount which exists".

Dear I uncheck the field "Reverse Acural" but after manual payment see the status of automatic adjustment its still on.

plus before unmark "Reverse Acural" system automatically shows me the remaining accural value when i choose the manual payment scree, but now shows the full value.

2ndly when I choose the status to D, system shows me error message, that Staus D is not possible. might be final settlement is pending.

Apart from other query pls do clear the following issue as well.

in condition record of rebate i only utilize the "Accural" colum, in percentage and in qty, but I also want the same on LUMSUM value, so the same value will appear in the invoice, and for the same when i choose fixed amount in the condition type system put the % sign in the condition record screen of the accural, please suggest the possible solution.

Looking for your response Dear J Prakash.

Regards,

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

also note that customer account is again increse if i run the final settlement, and run the fbl5n, so i believe its not correct.

i want that agreement should close after i have pay all the accurals manually. so there is no chance of mistake.. no one can process the finale settlement.

Regards,

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear J Prakash

Appreciate if get response from your side.

Regards,