cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice & Accounting Document Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are facing number range problem. When we are saveing an invoice then Invoice number and accounting document number showing different. It should come same number. Can you pls advice why this is happening and how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Best Regards.

Ripon Kumar Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Many thanks for yr support and help. This matter is resolved.

Best Regards.

Ripon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ripon,

Could you please let us know how the problem was resolved & what you did to resolve it. I think it is important to let evrybody know what was done to resolve the issue.

Many Thanks,

MP

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through this sap help - [The Document Concept|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a5/63318643a211d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm]

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

- Create the Number ranges in TCode VN01, say, from 1000000000 to 1999999999 for Billing as internal and assign to the billing document type in TCode VOFA.

- Create the number range for accounting document in TCode FBN1, say, 1000000000 to 1999999999 put as external and assigned it to Accounting doc type RV in the TCode OBA7. In addition to that in accounting doc type RV in Required during document entry section activate REFERENCE NUMBER field.

- And based on your business process, maintain copy controls in TCode VTFA (for Order related billing) or TCode VTFL (for Delivery related billing) - iIn Header level 'Reference Number' make it as 'E' - Current billing document number.

then when ever the system save the billing document the billing document number will be assigned to Accounting document coz of external number range maintained for Accounting doc

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP & Kapil,

Many thanks for your kind advice. Can you pls let me inform whether this settings is client specific or not. I've to do this first DEV server then transfer to Production or directly in Production.

Best Regards.

Ripon

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Number ranges are always created directly in production client. Only the object that you assign to document type will be transported via transport request.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Apr 27, 2011 11:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

I'm not very sure whether I should go for this configuration as you said or not cause we;ve started to use SAP since 2008 with 7 company code and from this February we've started more three company codes. This problem not happening for earlier companies. This problem happening only new companies and not all invoices. It is happening only 30% cases.

We have lots of order types and billing document generates with ref. to outbound delivery. Number Range already created for 2011 and I just want same number range with Billing Document to accounting document. Pls advise what should I do now?

Your support and co-operation will be highly appreciated

Best Regards.

Ripon

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

30% cases

Well, I would suggest that kindly investigate why the those 30% docs are behaving that way.

In my opinion, if 70% is working fine, in that case you should not take chance in changing the config. So, try investigate and share your finds

Still, if you go for new config then it will not effect the older doc which already released to accounting.

But there my be an issue while reversing or cancelling those docs.

Therefore, I would suggest before making any changes on PRD client access, track the effect & changes on QAS System for the new config.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

Many many thanks for your kind suggestions.

I've compared my last year settings with this years. In T-code: FBN1, last year Ext. tab was selected but this year it is showing inactive. I'm trying to make it active but failed. Can you pls advice how can I make it active then provide tick mark there?

Best Regards.

Ripon

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

In that case, there fair chances that number range assigned is in use in the current fiscal year(2011).

As its being PRD Client related issue. Seek advise of FI Consultant.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Invoice numbers ranges configured in SD - VN01

Where as accounting documents number ranges configured in FI - FBN1

These numbers are always difreent.

If you want to be same then make number range interval same in VN01 for Invoice and FBN1 for accounting document.

Also try to put validation(enhancement) when saving document(both should be same).

kapil