Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overwriting SAP standard material description

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are returning items from a catalogue to EBP 3.0. and are mapping these items to an R/3 material number. However we would like to keep the description as per that of the catalogue as oppose to that of the R/3 material decsription.

We overwrite the R/3 material description with that of the catalogue description in method enrich_item_data (BBP_DOC_TRANSFER).

We then looked at BADI "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI" and the decription from the catalogue (not the r/3 material description) is still in table et_item.

However this is overwritten with the r/3 material description before the cart is returned to EBP. We can see the standard code where this happens but cannot see any additional exits where we can change this description back.

Please could anyone help!!!

Thanks

We have overwritten the description in bbp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To appear the Material description in the OCI.. You need to maintain the material description in the CCM side also where you are uploading the items.

The same name in the R/3 side will have to replicate to CCM through RFC Call.

In my case I am maintaining an Ztable which is client independent. and same table is present also in EBP, and CCM side. And through a Zprogram i am replicating the description in R/3 to EBP and CCM side.

Then I am able to get the same Material description.

Hope it will be helpful

Thanks.

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Thank you for the response, but you have misunderstood my requirement.

What I am acutally trying to do is keep the description of the item from the external catalogue and not the description that is maintained in SAP.

I am finding that if we use an R/3 material it is not possible to to overwrite this description with that of the catalogue when the basket is returned to buynet

Thanks and Regards

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite funny as i am currently trying to do it.

I know thaqt there is a material type where it is possible to overwrite the material description.

I did not find so far the material type but sure i am sure it exists.

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yann

Hope all is well. The problem I have in addition to this is that we are trying to map against materials that are already created against spcecific material types. So I am not sure that this is an option for us. Are you saying that it is not possible to overwrite the description for other material types?

For clarification let me explain the issue in more detail. I fear that this design may not be supported by SAP.

We are trying to do the following:Overwrite the SAP material master

description with the description returned from an external catalogue.

The external catalogue has a product with the SAP material number and a catalogue description which is different to the SAP material

description.

the OCI mapping and SAP standard code gives The material number to BBP_OCI_ENRITEM - product.

we then update BBP_OCI_ENRITEM-description with the description from the catalogue (not the SAP material master description) with badi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER

However when the shopping cart was returned the sap material

description and not the catalogue description was displayed.

We then took a look at the BADI - BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

The values we have overwritten in the previous BADI are still showing our change (i.e. the catalogue description and not the r/3 material description)

however it appears that the routine update_document in programme LBBP_SCF3R is overwriting our catalogue description with the SAP Material master description.

We cannot find any other exits past this point but before the shopping cart is returned to BuyNet.

I would therfore like to confirm whether SAP permits the overwriting of SAP material master with a catalogue description as the BADI suggests but STD SAP

code conflicts

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just succeed in the following scenario :

I have selected an item in a 100%java specific catalogue.

This catalogue has the SRM configuration "do not check product".

The selected item has a R/3 material code BUT with another short description that the one defined in the R/3 material master.

Without implementing any badi, i was able to create a SC then a local PO then PO was duplicated in the backend...

I use ECS scenario in SRM server 5.5 SP5

kind regards

Yann

PS : i am on the way to test this flow with 'do not check product' uncheked (material was replicated from ECC 6.0 to SRM server 5.5)

i will let you know if it is working

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With 'do not check product' unflagged, the SRM material master is automatically retrieved and greyed in the SC

thus SRM is as restrictive as ECC as from ECC i can create a PO with catalogue items and material master description overwrites the catalogue item description

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yann

Thanks for your assistance. Please could you let me know where this config is? I have looked but I think that in EBP 3.0 I do not have the ability to set this flag against the catalogue.

If this is not available in ebp 3.0 I have a sandbox of SRM 4 server 5 for an upgrade that we are also working on. Please could youl et me know if this is possible in this environment and how?

Thanks and Regards

Dave

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Nice to have your name now

Yes this configuration point is in SRM4.0 and SRM5.0.

Path is Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Master Data->Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.)

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Sorry about not putting my name in. Just rushing too much!

Thanks for the help I have now seen this config..

The only problem is I really need to do this in EBP 3.0 but I think I am going to be stuck!!! Do you have any ideas how it may be possible in EBO 3.0

Thanks and Reagrds

Dave

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Besides looking at the SRM40 code and try to do the same in EBP 30.. i don't have any idea so far...

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

No problem

Thanks for all your help!!

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the suggestion regarding the config to check the checkbox "Do not check product" it works great when ordering from external catalog. However. I would like to know how this can be done if the user adds a material from the describe requirements link. This will also overwrite the description with the material description when the check button is selected. We do not want this to happen. I do not see any config area to stop this. Any ideas?