cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backwards scheduling and forward scheduling with same sales order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

We have one sales order type for product business process. It is ZTAV.

Two plants are using this sales order type.

1. Factory plant - 70R5

2. Sales plant - 70R0

Factory plant - 70R5 wants work with backward scheduling on sales order item.

Sales plant - 70R0 wants work with forward scheduling on sales order item.

But as I know true, we have only one customizing option on the sales order type for the backward scheduling.

How can I get solution backward + forward scheduling with same sales order type?

Is there any other customizing steps or user exit ? May be, we can change TVAK-TENUR on user exit ?

Thanks in advance,

Gülay Çelik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I think i am a little late to this disussion . But from the discussion i understand there are three ways to control scheduling

1.) Sales document type

2.) sales document itself

3.) delivery scheduling as per the last discussion

But which takes precedence over the other I mean customer setting over sales doc over scheduling

Will need some help to understand this part please

Regards

Kamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gülay,

Default setting is backward plus forward.

When you set TVAK-TENUR, it just prevents the second step (forward scheduling) when there is inadequate time to meet the requested delivery date.

I will assume you are using some kind of shipment and delivery scheduling (route time, pick/pack time), and standard ATP; please confirm

When you say

Sales plant - 70R0 wants work with forward scheduling on sales order item.

exactly what behavior do you want to see happen? When you enter a 'First Date' in VA01, what exactly do you wish to see happen when

a. First date is today and the order cannot be shipped today

b. First date is in the past

c. First date is in the future but quantity is unsupported by stock/receipts

d. First date is in the future but quantity is supported by stock

e. First date is in the future but quantity is only supported by future receipts

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Only factory plant (70R5) wants to work firsty backward and after plus forward.

All other plants will work without backward scheduling. They will work always with forward scheduling. For this reason, we didn't set TVAK-TENUR on IMG.

Our problem is :

We don't want copy sales order type for the factory plant because of scheduling.

We want to use one sales order type for all plants. This is important and for this reason I searched user exit.

I think I can use MV45AFZZ (Form userexit_move_field_to_vbap).

If sales order item's plant is equal to 70R5 (factory plant) I can set TVAK-TENUR = X. in MV45AFZZ ???

-

-

1) For the factory plant:

- First date is always can equal today or future.

- We will define routes for different customer regions.

- Material availability date is always will equal default 1 day.

Example scenerio for factory plant:

Today's system date = 02.05.2011 and there is available stock.

Customer requested delivery date = 20.05.2011

Asssigned route date to customer = 2 day

We will set default 1 day for material availability date.

After the ATP check we need following dates for factory plant:

Delivery date = 20.05.2011

Goods issue date = 18.05.2011

Loading date = 18.05.2011

Material avail.date = 17.05.2011

Transport.plan. date = 18.05.2011

2) For the sales plant:

- First date is always can equal today or future.

- We will not use any routes.

- There is no any additional material availability date.

Example scenerio for sales plant:

Today's system date = 02.05.2011 and there is available stock.

Customer requested delivery date = 20.05.2011

After the ATP check we need following dates for sales plant:

Delivery date = 20.05.2011

Goods issue date = 20.05.2011

Loading date = 20.05.2011

Material avail.date = 20.05.2011

Transport.plan. date = 20.05.2011

-

-

Thanks in advance.

Gülay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gülay

All other plants will work without backward scheduling. They will work always with forward scheduling. For this reason, we didn't set TVAK-TENUR on IMG.

Your understanding does not match with reality. When you set this field, you get only backward scheduling. When you do not set this field, you get backward-forward. There is no setting for 'only forward scheduling'. Your userexit will not stop backward scheduling from occurring. It may, however, be possible to meet your requirements anyway.

When the system is talking about scheduling of a sales order, it is talking about determination of proposed GI date, loading date, and delivery date. Your scenarios imply that your desire is to make proposed GI/Loading/Delivery date all be the same for the Sales plants. To achieve this, ensure that any determined shipping point has zero days for pick/pack/load. Since you have no route, the transit time will be zero days, so all scheduled dates will be identical. This will happen if there is stock, or if you confirm against a future receipt - the confirmed GI/Loading/Delivery date will be the same as the material availability date calculated by the ATP process.

Here is a helpful doc about how SAP performs shipment scheduling. Note that it always starts with backward scheduling. You start from the customer's expected receipt date, and from this date you determine all other dates.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dd/5607e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49