cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPTIMIZER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a product which has lower storage costs defined in PLANT 1 (P1) than PLANT 2(P2) and the procurement type is E in P1 and F in P2

But when OPT is running, it is generating STR's from P1 to P2. Ideally it should have generated the STR's from P2 to P1 taking costs into consideration (the user confirms that the STR's have not been created manually. They are created by the OPT only)

Can any one kindly tell me me why this behaviour has changed. Becasue of the , the stock is getting directed to unwanted locatons

The other differences I see are in P1, there is a SNP PRDN hor OF 2 WEEKS maintained

Safety day's supply of 8 and 6 maintained in P1 and P2 respectively

All other OPT par for the product in both the plants are the same

Kindly suggest

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: SAPSriman on Apr 26, 2011 11:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain a high procurement costs in plant P1 like 999999999 and then take a opt run.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

I understand that by maintaining high proc costs, we can achieve it

Kindly explain to me why this issue has come???

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: SAPSriman on Apr 27, 2011 10:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

If the procurement type is E at P1, it will never take any stock transfer. STR would always be from P1 to P2.

Also, you need to analyse different costs at a particular location or between two location to understand system behavior. For ex in your case, storage costs at P1 < storage costs at P2. Hence system should not do any stock transfer from P1 to P2. But if the ND costs at P1 is higher than the storage costs at P1 and P2, system would now send the stock out of P1 to minimise the ND costs.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Manotosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain Higher storage cost at SU(P1), this will prevent stocks to be stored at P2 and Optimizer will then create Stock transfers from P1-->P2

Currently,it is happening because Storage cost is less at P1 then P2.Optimizer preferring to store goods at P1.

Thanks

Amulya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all the responses. I am closing the thread.

Thanks,

SS