Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control on the Creation of Inspection lot

former_member680448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my requirement, we have a material which is subcontracted and in the process, we will have some rejection. Hence the rejected material will be received in to the system with an account assignment category (cost centre). For both the line items in the PO, the inspection lot will get triggered, but the requirement is that the lot should not be generated for the rejected material.

thanks & regards

Chaitanya Rayaprolu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Well, I have a confusion here.

For subcontracting if you are sending material A then in turn you receive material B from vendor. Material A is sent through 541 movement and B is received through 101 movement. Since you have mentioned For both the line items in the PO, the inspection lot will get triggered which are these 2 items?

The rejection which you are talking about, whether itu2019s of A or B ? In case of former if you inward this with 542 movement, no inspection will be generated. But if its B, then it has to be inwarded with 101 only. Inspection lot will be generated for B.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member680448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Iam lloking for material B, where the lot will get triggered (this rejection may be due to vendor fault). However the client requirement is to avoid the creation of lot based on "rejction".

This rejected material will be received thru account assignemnt cat "cost centre".

thanks & regards

Chaitanya Rayaprolu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copy the 101 mvt type say Z01

Now when you do receipt of such material make sure that you use this mvt type.

In customization OMJJ deactivate QM for this mvt type.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Well, I observe a functional loophole here.

1. As you mention, you inward rejected material against cost center, it means you must be using account assignment category K in PO.

2. My question is, if the material is rejected, why you are inwarding it against cost center as it consumes the value on your account and not on vendoru2019s account.

3. Ideally it should be debited on vendoru2019s account if its vendoru2019s fault.

4. The practice should be, inward all the material irrespective of rejection. Reject the material through 122 movement and proceed for payment for the acceptable quantity.

Letu2019s talk about your scenario where you donu2019t want inspection lot generation

1. Whenever you inward the material with account assignment category as K the stock gets consumed at the same moment and you observe no rise in stock level.

2. But if you have activated inspection type 01 in material master, system creates inspection lot for this movement.

3. Kindly note this inspection lot is stock irrelevant.

4. That means you need not do stock posting. Only UD is sufficient as the lot doesnu2019t contain any stock.

5. Albeit you donu2019t want system to generate lot, you may explore user exit QPL10001 and write your own logic that whenever account assignment category is K do not create inspection lot.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on May 9, 2011 2:47 PM

former_member680448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thank you, this is superab. What more i observe is that the account assignment is not K- cost centre and it is no cost centre. This account assignment Y has different account modifier and hence amount is charged to vendor only.

thanks

Chaitanya