cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCI Background (Cross-Catalog) Search HTML Required

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for an example of an HTML document that needs to be returned for a cross-catalog / background search. I have followed the PDF documentation, but with no success.

Thanks,

Isam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Isam,

I think the return parameter is same as normal OCI return.

Have you implemented the normal OCI return? Please explain more detail of your problem.

There is normal OCI sample in

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn?rid=/webcontent/uuid/ff03d072-0501-0010-aa88-8018506a2ebe">https [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was looking into this as well and need to get the format of the HTML that is sent back from a call to do background search.

What I do not understand is this, in a normal Inbound Message, this is done as a POST back to the server since the act of searching and selecting items to return are all done asynchronously from the initial Outbound message call.

With the Background Message call however, the documentation says that the response to the Outbound call is an html that is in the OCI format. What exactly does this mean? Does this mean that the fields specificed in the documentation should be in a FORM with hidden parameters? (That is, kind of like the Inbound message except before it's posted by the browser to the server?) Does SRM display this back to the user - I assume the server will parse it and consolidate it with other responses - so it's important to understand what format it's in.

The documentation is lacking in this regard - and this makes it impossible to do implement this.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact we could activate the cross-catalog search in our implementation.

The search result items are sent back to server as an html form, with the fields as hidden variables.

sample: (servlet that sends the items to SRM)

response.setContentType("text/html");

PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

out.println("<html><head>");

out.println("<title>Add to SC</title>");

out.println("</head><body>");

out.println("<form name = \"theform\" id = \"theform\" action = \"\" target = \"_self\" method = \"post\" >");

out.println("<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"NEW_ITEM...\" value=\"...");

[OCI fields]

out.println("</form>");

out.println("</body></html>");

out.flush();

out.close();

SRM displays the results in a popup window.

Good Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isam,

You did this without CCM?

I am trying to do a cross-catalog search using both Requisite and Punchout catalogs. I have looked at the OCI PDF...and I don't quite understand the following under 3.2.4 Background Search - "In order to trigger the function, the following parameters are transferred to the product catalog on call-up

Name/Value

Function/Background_Search

Searchstring/<Search term>"

Does this mean that I need to "Function" and "Searchstring" as additional parameters on the OCI structure?

Then it mentions that the "product catalog replies with a HTML page that contains the results in OCI format." How is this set up from the vendor?

I hope this make sense...and any help is greatly appreciated.