cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rates in multi-system environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are extracting data out of SAP and Non-SAP systems. What impact does it have on Currency or Exchange Rates load ?

- Currency table in BW is system independant

- SPM install guide only talks about loading exchange rates file

Are we supposed to load exchange rates from any one primary source system like SAP in a multi-system environment ?

We did have similar question regarding UoM. However UoM conversion is not big of an issue as that's a universal thing and shouldn't change by source system.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

So if I interprete your reply correctly we can (atleast currently) use exchange rate from any 'one' system, though we can load multiple exchange rate types from multiple systems. I guess 'M' is a default in SPM for exchange type. Question arises when there are multiple SAP systems which uses 'M' as type but have different avarage rates.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right. So when you have multiple systems that have 'M' rate type as the source, I guess the last load will overwrite whats already there in BW.

FYI, 'M' is just the default like you said and you can change this in SPM.

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPM uses the standard BW currency conversion functionality (please check the How to guide published on this topic). So you can load multiple currency conversion rate from multiple system and store them using different rate types in the BW. And you can use one of these rate types for conversion in SPM (for both data loads and on the fly conversion). At the moment you cannot use multiple rate types simultaneously using standard SPM data management functionality.

Regards,

Rohit