cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 creating Password Reset task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing IdM 7.2, when I create a task for Password reset the I'm getting a DB error have any one encountered this in IdM 7.1 Here is the error that I'm getting

MXMC: Access denied Err 214727900

Source OraOLEDB

Description ORA 01400: Cannot insert NULL into ("MXMC_OPER"."MXP_TASKPARAMETERS".MCVALUE")

Method: EmcTaskProperties.SaveGafParameters

Thanks,

Joe.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your database connection strings. I'm thinking that the MXMC_OPER password might be wrong. Also make sure you have the correct Oracle drivers in place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the instructions we were told to use mxmc_admin and mxmc_rt users for connection strings which I'm doing that. I'm not using MXMC_OPER user any where in my connection strings.

Thanks,

Joe.P

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, then it's one of two things in my experience:

1. The encoded password for the MXMC_OPER is incorrect. Try to login to Oracle using that account. It should have been defined in the INCLUDE.SQL file when the database was created. You might need to work with your DBA on this, assuming you are not one.

2. I've only seen this happen on MSSQL, but if your classpath is set up in a certain way, these things can happen. I've written about it [here|http://idm-thoughtplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/too-much-in-jar.html]

Hope this helps you.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding,

We are not using MSSQL our IC is running on ORACLE. We are upgrading our Design time component with the latest patch and see if that works.

Thanks,

Joe.P

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe, still take a look at the post and check the ordering of the Oracle Jars.

If you have older ones in front of the newer ones it might be the issue. Worth checking out I think.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure will definitely check the include file.

Thanks,

Joe.P