Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot-Stand-By with MSSQL

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I setup an hotstandby solution to replicate our MSSQL ECC database to other server?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganimede!

Just to complement Eduardo's great reply, let me remind that you can plan a strategy to increase your service availability for MS SQL Server based on several options: you can configure a High Availability Cluster (+/ha+ quick link), or you can recur to a SQL Server Log Shipping (note 1101017, and specially its attached LogShippingBestPractices.pdf ) or to a Database Mirroring (aforementioned note 965908).

Cheers!

-Jesús

Edited by: Jesus Garcia Castro on May 19, 2011 12:33 PM

Edited by: Jesus Garcia Castro on May 19, 2011 12:35 PM

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, Thank you for all.

But do you know if exist a docu/procedure for my case: Live system is a two node MSCS with CI and DI on same MSCS node. We would to setup a new server with mirrored or log-shipped MSSQL but also the CI... so when MSCS system will crashed we ca use new server... also with manual manual intervention. It is reasonable for us to wait even a two hours.

Into SAP note there is db-only procedure but nothing to re-instal the SAP istance.

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the database mirroring with witness. Check note [965908|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/965908] for further information.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for you post.

Must we buy any license? ... or it is already inclued into mssql run-time licensed provided by SAP.

Regards.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you buy the SQL Server license with SAP? If yes, you can use this license for the 3 instances (principal, mirror and witness).

Check note [1491158|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1491158] for further information.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende