cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

track deletion and track creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

my client wants me to delete some old track.

Next create track and upload ehp5 MSS/ESS component.

Actually we are going for ehp5 upgrade.

can someone give me details steps of how to achieve the above, thanks inadvance, sure points for answer!

regards,

siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For deleting the Tracks in NWDI

/people/daniel.wirbser/blog/2005/07/27/how-to-delete-development-components-in-netweaver-java-development-infrastructure-jdi

Check these SAP Notes:

Note 855537 - Delete DTR workspace folders

Note 864515 - How To Delete a Development Component

Here are step-by-step method to delete the Track:

1. :

Tell all developers to activate or reverse all open activites and to remove the development configuration of the tracks you want to delete, from there studios.

2.:

Open activites will prevent the dtr-shell tool we will use later from deleting the worksapces. So I would not trust the developers. So fire up DTR Gui in a browser (http://server:port/dtr). choose system tools->reports->activity search or just add /system-tools/reports/ActivityQuery behind /dtr in the url.

Select the /dev/inactive workpsace of the first SC in the track and check the "open only" checkbox. and see what will happen. in the best case there should be none. To play it save you have to check every /dev/actvie and /dev/inactive workspace of every SC in the track if you are some kind of paranoid check the cons too ;o). This would be the clean way. The quick and dirty one is just to use the dtr-tool to delete the workspaces it will tell you if there are open activites, but that is more like the "oh ah, yeah" approach...

If there are open activites you can revert them yourself in the DTR GUI its one of the buttons in the upper right corner.

3.:

The next thing I do is to delete the track in CMS. Just by clicking delete button. This steps prevents developers to still use the track. It will tell you that this will not affect DTR, but you already know that I guess.

4.:

After the track is deleted, I delete or lock all users which have been using this and only this track. If you have a extended security concept at place you might although want to delete the track related groups and mybe roles in the UME.

5.:

Manualy Create a DTR Client in the DTR perspective of your developer studio. you should at least have access to the "trackid" folder of the track you want to delete. If you are confident with what you are doing you can although just enter the /dtr url which wil give you access on the /ws folder of DTR. But you can delete stuff you want not to delete this way by accident...

6.:

The next step is to delete the workspaces in the DTR. This can be, more or less, easily done with the DTR command line tool. You can find it in your developerstudios installation folder under /eclipse/tools/dtr. Usually you have to chage some parameters in the bat files if you start it the first time:

The path to the JDK is missing in dtrshell.bat. enter something like this:

set JAVA_HOME="G:\tools\java\jdk1.5.0_06"

If you start the batchfile you should be asked for username and password. and you will be connected to the dtr cleint you created in step 5.

Here you can find some info about the tool:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/3fdd7f58077526e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

The command of interest ist the DELETEWORKSPACE command. you can get the workspace name for the -w option with the WORKSPACES command. You have to delete all /dev/active /dev/inactive /cons/active /cons/inactive worksapces of every SC in the track! I did this on a track with 43 customer SCs once this may take some while. don't depend to much on the worksapces command it will sometimes still show workspaces you just deleted. So check the DTR gui it will show you an actual view on what is going on. the dtrshell will only delete the folder contents of the workspaces. so ypu will still see dev and cons folders... we will delete them in the next step.

7.:

Now we delete the remainig folder of the track in dtr. Open the dtrgui in a browser. and navigate to the /ws folder. Now grep the url in your browse, something like this :http://server:port/dtr/ws and copy it to your clipbord. Now choose "open.." in the files menu of Internet Explorer. Past the url and don't forget to check the "open as webfolder" checkbox. DTR will be opened in a explorer like window. here you can delete the remainig folder of your track be hitting "del" on the folder. Please note that recursive delete is not possible so you have to do it bottom up.

Hoper this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for ur reply, but how do you move the customized webdynpro apllications of ess/mss into newly created Track from the track that you wanted to delete. please help me out, Thanks inadvance!

actually i am going for upgrade, so they wanted to delete old track and create a new track with ess/mss software components, but how do we transfere the customized webdynpro applications of ess/mss from old tracks(which they wanted to delete) to newly created track .

Regards,

Siva

Edited by: bsivasap on May 2, 2011 1:45 PM

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For moving the custom development from old track to new track you need to follow the method below:

1. Go to CMS - In the old track from where you want to move the custom development - navigate to Test tab and select the latest Software Component which have all the custom development

2. Select the SC and from the buttons above you will see Export SCA (for example abc.sca)

3. Keep the exported SCA in the location \usr\sap\JTrans\CMS\inbox\

4. Now in Check-In tab of new track you will see the (abc.sca) file.

5. You will import the SCA as other dependent sca and this way you will have your custom developments available in New Track with all the upgraded dependent components.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

thanks for your reply,

Actually my scenario is i want to move the customized standard ess&mss dc's from old Track to New Track(Upgraded track with latest ess and mss sc's). please help me, Thanks inadvance.

regards,

siva

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Changes done in ESS/MSS DC's you need to redo the changes again in new track. It's a manual work to compare the code in old track with code in new track and make changes accordingly.

If you have custom DC as part of a Software Component then you can follow the method as below:

1. In CMS - go to the old track where you have all the changes

2.Go to Test tab and select the SC which have the custom DC within it.

3. Click on Export SCA button in the buttons above

4. Keep the exported SCA in the CMS inbox

5. In the new Track Check-in tab you will be seeing the SCA

6. Along with all other components import the exported sca.

7. This way you will have the custom DC with the changes in your new track.

You have to do it for UI changes and also the code changes in the implementation.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which version of NWDI are you running?

Regards