cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have to use Mail adapter on the sender side.Basically my scenario is Mail -PI -SOAP . PI reads the mail from Lotus notes and pass the data to web services. I have the following requirements

1) The body structure of the mail which is in xml format is to be mapped with target SOAP structure, how to do this i.e. shall I use mail package or just create own source structure based on the xml structure?

2) If I use mail package the all the body structure will be in the content field , so how to map the one content field with multiple fileds on the target side?

For example: If I am using mail package and all the mail body details are contained in the content field of mail package

source Content field is to be mapped with target fields B , C & D

How I should take the source structure in mail body and how to map content with target B , C & D.

Any answer on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use pop3 transport protocol and XIPAYLOAD as message protocol. Then you get the xml format source data with from , to and content xml tags. Content tag contains text of the email message. Map the target fields whatever you want to the target. If all target fields expect values from the content then use java mapping or simple udf to extract the data and map those information to target fields.

Refer this link...

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-configuring-the-sender-mail-adapter/technology/sap/90/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution of this problem was that map the content of email package with target fields and use UDF to split the value which is coming in the content field (i.e. body of the email message) and map it to target fields using UDF.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat