SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in fund management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have activated fund management & maintain budget in the combination of cost element and cost center. We are maintaining budget for 4 cost elements & cost centers. When we are posting any documents with these combination of 4 cost elements and cost center,everything is working fine.

But when we are trying to post any financial document with a cost element from the combination of 4 cost elements and a different cost center (i.e. the cost centers that are not in the combination) then an error is coming " no fund center is assigned or derived in item 001".

We are having around 500 cost centers,but we are maintaining budget for only 4 cost center. We do not want to maintain budget for the rest of the cost centers. We will use the cost elements for which budget is maintained.

EG cost element 1, cost element 2 and cost center 1, cost center 2. Now we are maintaining budget for combination of cost element 1 and cost center 1. But we have a requirement of financial posting which require cost element 1 and cost center 2 (no derivation rule and no budget is maintained for this combination).But when we are trying to post a document using cost element 1 and cost center 2 the error is coming.

Kindly help me.

Thanks & Regards

Debdatta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as I understood you derive FC and CI from CO account assignments. The issue seems arise from not deriving FM account assignments for actuals(not for budget). Check tcode FMDERIVE, while posting FI doc you can trigger function Trace, and see why fm's account assignments doesn't derive

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as I understood you derive FC and CI from CO account assignments. The issue seems arise from not deriving FM account assignments for actuals(not for budget). Check tcode FMDERIVE, while posting FI doc you can trigger function Trace, and see why fm's account assignments doesn't derive

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, the budget in managed in FM, therefore what is relevant is the combination of FM objects, i.e. commitment items and fund centres. Now, even if you don't want to check budget on certain lines, you have to provide FM objects via derivation strategy. So, what you should do is to build the rule in FMDERIVE deriving 'real' FM objects for the combination you want to manage the budget and derive 'dummy' or statistical objects for the rest. Please, search the forum for the solution; it has been described several times.

Regards,

Eli

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debdatta,

As soon as you have activated funds management all cost centers and cost elements must be assigned respectively to funds center and commitment items.

PSM-FM works with the combination of at least these 2 fields funds center and commitment item. You would not have budget or AVC only in commitment item, but always in the combination of both fields, funds center and commitment item.

In case you dont want to assign budget and control some cost centers you should assign these cost centers to a single funds center at least, by FMDERIVE.

I suggest you also to check note:

1268001 FI313 - No funds center entered/derived in item &.

I hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa Barth.