Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL Customizing Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SPL Customizing

Control Procedure for the Adress comparison one can set either the SPL or the Business Partner as the Reference for the screening Result.

And in the Next Customizing Seting "Control Setings for Sanctioned Party List Screening Service" there is a customizing point for the Search Strategy in which one can set either "SPL Entry Searches in Adress Entry" or "SPL Entry Searches in Adress Entry and VIce Versa" which seems to be the same as in the Customizing point before. Does anyone know what this customizing seting does?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I think the first setting (in "Define Control Procedure for Address Comparison") provides a choice of logic for the comparison of addresses. The <F1> help text is quite good for that field.

As far as I can see, the second setting (in "Control Settings for SPL Service") provides a choice of how the looping is performed to carry out the comparisons. But when the comparison is made, the first setting is used to determine which characters are matched.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marc,

1. SPL Entry Searches in Adress Entry and

2. SPL Entry Searches in Adress Entry and VIce Versa" are different.

For 2nd, It ensures that SPL screening is performed both :-

a) by selecting the entry in the SPL and finding a match in the business partner list, and

b) by taking a business partner address and performing the screening against the SPL

I think having the 2nd is a good option.

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir,

Thank you for your answer. I think I did not formulate my question right.

My question is, why is the same customizing point to be found both in:

Define Control Procedure for Address Comparison -> Detail Control

and in the next one

Control Settings for "Sanctioned Party List Screening" Service

What happens if the setting of one is contradictory with the other one? which one is master and why is this to be found twice.

Thanks and regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marc,

Define Control Procedure for Address Comparison needs to be completed first and then Control Settings for "Sanctioned Party List Screening" Service. To my understanding, the control procedure for address comparison is kind of "rule set" which is assigned to the Legal Regulation for Control settings for "SPL" service.

I dont think its replicating by nature. Just wondering how the configs can be contradictory?

Cheers,

Abir