Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Ipod Winner's] Not in the Contributor Corner's page anymore

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed that there have been weeks since the last iPod winner but there was still a small remark in the Contributor Corner's page saying that :

- it will soon be updated with new winners

- the program might change

Did I miss something these last days?

Best regards,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to sit and laugh! Last night I think it was I was talking to Mark on the phone and telling him that I still had not announced a winner for the weekly iPod's since Week 19 so like the past 11 weeks.

No one has commented, no one has mailed, no one has asked - we've received I think 3 thank you "I got it" and one actually sent us a picture - maybe it was two with them holding it.

For me I said Mark if we just stopped I don't think anyone would notice - I mean we gave them all a chance to send photos the works - maybe it's better we don't spend the money for it and stop that program as I was not feeling as though the community is "liking it" so to speak - Mark whom was referred to as the "Community God" during the Boston '05 TechEd Demo Jam event by Shai Agassi of course said that the community is "feeling it!" and if we remind them we want to see photos and hear how the iPod is and how they felt receiving it that they would tell us, that my one line comment was just not obvious enough and most probably didn't see that I was requesting this info.

I of course being only a "Demi-God of the community" during that same event, labeled by Shai of course, had to agree with him and said OK but I took the line out about "we would be announcing later" on Monday and no one has said anything but now that we talked about it someone would most likely post a comment in the forum today.

I was right )

Good news - we are still doing them - a "special" batch is on it's way to Palo Alto, cooler that the first ones I might add but I won't say what I think I will leave that honor to Mark and once the batch is there we will announce winners again. With TechEd coming though no promises on when it might end up being after TechEd.

Craig

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your answer!

In fact, I promised the iPod to my girl friend if I win... and I can assure you she has not forgotten

Best regards,

Guillaume

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well, if you don't win, I'm sure she would appreciate it more if you would just buy her one......

Regards,

Rich Heilman

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As time goes by, I resign to this solution...

Or... I might try to convert her to SDN and let her earn her own!!

Thanks Rich.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like that option

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forget Badges and Tshirts, we had iPods sent out???

pk

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just on curiosity I am asking; for 2006 year thread, why some response is made in 2009 ?? )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishan is just taking a chance, if by any chance they again start giving iPods

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chance taken, chance FAILED. No we will not be giving iPods out again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The recognition and status we are getting by contributing to the SCN is far far more better than the ipods......We all are sharing our knowledge and in turn getting much more knowledge.....

Thanks,

Raja

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Forget Badges and Tshirts, we had iPods sent out???

>

> pk

Wow, so there was a time when ipods were sent out!!

If I was born 3 years earlier, I would have tried for it

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Forget Badges and Tshirts, we had iPods sent out???

> pk

Yes & I got one, but never had a chance to use it (my son grabbed it right out of the box).

~Suresh

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even i got one, i am still using it.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Even i got one, i am still using it.

That's obvious confirmation that you are still bachelor

cheers