cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Order Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

New to SAP through attrition and have found a wealth of help here!

My current situation is a customer is requesting a single emailed PDF containing all Order Confirmations for each respective day. Is it possible to do this and where would I start?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ria,

Thanks for your thorough and insightful reply! I will get this started today and post back the results.

Thanks again,

MLK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Irish,

There's a standard order confirmation that can be send thru email (external send) for sales order, however this is per sales order basis.

If you want to have the list of sales order or batch of sales order to be in one order confirmation then you have to ask ABAP to do a customized report / program. You can refer to VA05 screen to get / retrieve the list of sales order per customer per day, then generate an order confirmation for those sales order and send it as external send.

To start, you need to have a new Z*** output type for order confirmation. Example from RD00 to ZRD0, the Z will state that this is a customized or specific output type as business requirement. Creation is via SPRO>SD>basic>output controls>sales documents (not sure of the exact path as I do not have connection to SAP today) or see tcode V/32. Aside from this, there's a configuration for other procedures, look for it inside SPRO.

1. Create Z*** output type.

2. Request ABAP to create a Z****** program (this is a print program where ABAP put the logic) and Z***** sapscript (where alignment, forms, fonts, actual illustration of the layout like fonts, size of fonts, specific alignments or columns)

3. Create a program where in the system will call the list of sales order per day per customer. This program will then be called by a scheduled job (via SM37, ask your Basis team to do this for you) at the end of each business hours. The system will send the output via email to the customer by calling the customer email address specified in the customer master data email field.

Hope this helps. Most important, you ask your ABAP if this is feasible so they can check the complexity of your requirement.

Thank you and regards,

Ria