cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last selling price while Sales Return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have this wierd requirement from client. Our client sells materials to end customers through consignments. each material is unique and can have only one quantity(i.e a particular material can appear in one sales order only). at the end of 4-6 months period, Materials come back as Sales return. at this time, the only thing our client knows is material code. nothing else (such as the billing document number to create sales return with reference. there must be 6-10 different billing docs). in this case, how would they know the last selling price of that material? it may include any discount at transaction level while selling that material which must be considered automatically while punching Return without reference...any way in SAP? they want the last selling price+discount on that item to be fethced automatically while creating sales return without reference..

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all you need a separate order type for this scenario and have separate pricing procedure.

Next create a routine to calculate the last Price-Discount for the same customer and material combination. You can get this data from VBRP table (the last entry based on date). I assume that you have a Subtotal in all pricing procedures at the level of Price - Discount so that this value directly sits in VBRP table. Else you need to fetch from KONV (this could be time consuming). Then by dividing this value by the line iten quantity - you will get the unit value. This value is to be fetched in the return order.

Assign this routine in the Alternate Base Value in Pricing procedure of the return without ref. order.

Thanks

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

here's another idea

1) create a separate type for return order. set reference as mandatory. in copying routine just add a small code with the logic in which the code should collect all the billing docs for that particular customer number and also check if the billing number entered as a reference document is the largest number among all billing docs for that customer or not (thus avoiding data entry mistake).

2) if the billing doc reffered is ok according to copying routine then billing doc shoudl be copied to sales return doc and all pricing elements in the last billing document for that customer will be copied to the sales return document.

3) if the billing number is not the greatest one (among that particular customer's billing docs) then the system should give an error that billing document cant be referred into the sales return document.

please let me know if that does not solves your requirement.