cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mails not going through SAP Background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Mails not going through SAP Background job. I have this configured in my SAP system

1) Firstly, I have created a Distribution List & have added a few users in it

2) Then I have set up a background job, with a variant associated with it

3) In SM37, I have then added that Distribution List in the Spool List Recipient & further released it by my name.

Now the problem is that the job finishes fine but the spool which is generated does not get mailed to the recipients.

Please help me & let me know what additional steps we need to take to make this happen?

Thanks a lot,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ccarrillo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Please check if the program and the batch are defined in the same language or if the program is appropriately localized to run in the same language in which the batch is defined. That was my case

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in scot if your domain name and mail server correctly define. Send test mail from scot to see if your connection is working fine to mail server.

-Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Please check the T-code -SOST, to have the information about the problem with the mail.

Please paste the log.

Thanks,

Abha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you activate sapconnect throgh SICF transaction?

Please go through the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

S.Muhammad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Sameer,

Have a look at SAP Note 455140 to configure out going emails and Faxes from a SAP application server.

If you have done the configuration check whether smtp server is correct. Also the user who is sending out an email should have an appropriate email attached to him in SU01.

The background job which triggers the emails to be sent out should also be running.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek, Rajnish,

Let me read the note.

The SCOT settings are all fine though

Thanks,

Sameer

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SCOT settings are all fine though

Assuming SCOT is set correctly and the mails are still not been sent they should be sitting in SOST, you can then check the reason why they didn't got sent.

Also verify that your email address is populated on your user master.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you done the required configuration in SCOT ? (enabling SMTP node, maintaining domain, SMTP server etc)

Regards,

rajneesh