Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Evalution & PDC recalculation

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts!

I have to face an weird problem. My scenario is as below:

1. I create a new Time Type to calculate the working date of employee in every month. My time wage type will replace an existed wage type in system, because it's configuration is not correct.

2. After checking on Dev, QAS, the value of Earn Leave ( generated monthly) is CORRECT, we move this TR to PRD.

And after moving it to PRD, there are a lot of employee re-run PT60 from Go Live Date. I don't know why.

Could you please guide me the way to know which recalculation date in Time Evaluation, and How SAP decide the date to retro Time Evaluation in PT60? I just guess the field PDC recalculation in IT 3 ( I read F1 of this field), but now I'm mixed about this information.

And you know, because we change the Earned Leave in Time ( I run PT60) eg: Earned Leave for Feb-2010 will be modified, of course the value of Time Wage Type will be changed. The date Earliest MD change in IT3 is NOT Changed. But the Payroll for this guy is retro from Mar-2010.

Can you please help me clear the way to re-run Time Evaluation & Payroll.

Regards!

Woody.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Please ensure that your PT60 variant does not have any value in the forced recalulculation date field in the input screen;

2. Please ensure that all errors generated during PT60 run have been rectified. It is probable that an error is encountered for the go-live date in the PT60 run and is ignored because it does not impact the process - but if this happens, then the recalculation date is not changed to latest date processed. You can check a report for time evaluation errors in transaction PT_ERL00 (I think).

3. The earliest date of recalculation is stored in IT 0003 (PDC recalculation date) and in cluster table BEZUG. The dates should be almost identical - the IT 0003 date has the earliest start date and the BEZUG date is the last date calculated. You can see the cluster table BEZUG in transaction PT66 for a sample employee.

The best method is to run evaluation for one employee with the log display activated - and go through the log line by line to identify any errors.

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for you feedback!

Let me tell more detail.

I have check variant using to run PT60 on QAS & PRD: run for all Payroll areas.

Evaluation Schema: of course the schema I have modified it ( I said in previous entry).

Time statement variant SAP&TEDT

Layout for log NULL

Forced recalculation as of NULL

Evaluation up to NULL

But before moving TR to PRD on 18-Apr, we have run PT60 for all employee on QAS from Go Live Date to system date some days before. After checking the Earned Leave date is correct. We moved on 18-Apr. And from 10PM Apr-18 to 2AM Apr-19, there are so much employees re-run PT60 from GO Live Date, not all.

I don't know why PT60 re-run for a lot of employees from go live date. I just changed the logic of Time Schema ( some new time types, of course I am NOT delete existed time type in system, there is no change with these time type.

As our configuration, changing Absence quota (IT2006) is not impact Payroll retro. And I just re-test & see that if I run PT60 & changing Absence Quota in the past, but the field Earliest MD change in PU03 ( or IT3) has NOT been changed. Time Evaluation changed data of some TIME WAGE TYPE involving earned leave. I'm really confuse why Payroll retro for a lot of employees. I just think that if Earliest MD change is not change, Payroll will NOT retro, right?

Please help me. It's really critical for me. If anyone can make me clear, I'm really appreciated & give full point for you.

ps: do you know the logic to update into table NCT in cluster B1?

Regards!

Woody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Woody,

Please note the below Points carefully, which may help you to solve your issue:

Note -

Retro Runs are based on Infotype, If you change any Infotype related to Time / Payroll, then the system automatically maintain the "Earliest MD Change" date in IT 0003.

For IT 0003

1) When you change employee data that is relevant to payroll, the system stores the earliest date from which the master data change is valid. This date can be a future date after the last payroll run

2) The system deletes the date in the Earliest master data change field after successful completion of the payroll run.

The earliest recalculation date for time evaluation is also queried when master data and time data that is relevant to retroactive accounting is changed.

For Payroll Controll Record

Earliest retroactive accounting period

1) Retroactive accounting in payroll can begin on the start date of this period at the earliest.

2) If changes relevant for retroactive accounting have been made before this date, the system does not take these into account in either current or future retroactive accounting. However, retroactive accounting is initiated up to this period.

3) If the earliest personal retroactive accounting date (from IT 0003) differs from the earliest retroactive accounting period, then it will be backdated to the later date.

Comments:

1) May be the Time Wage Type Change (related to Payroll) might have triggred the Retro Payroll, and once it retro run happens the "the system delets the date in the Earliest Master Data Change Field", that is why you are unable to find that field with values.

2) Check the "Earliest Retroactive Accounting Period" in Control Record (Tcode PA03), so that you will get some idea. why it has happend.

3) While determining the Retro, the system checks the IT0003, Control Record, it will take the date whichever is backdated date.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venu

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All!

Thanks for your feedback!

Actually I have deeply understand about fields in IT0003. I just don't know why PT60 re-run for employee before the PDC in IT3.

Now I knew it. SAP compare the date of PDC in IT3 with the date NCT in cluster B1 to decide the date to re-run. So I'm clear which date is used as the start date in Time Evaluation.

Now my unclear point is "the logic to update into table NCT in cluster B1", could you give me standard document about technical in Time/Payroll or other parts in HCM. I try to download but cannot, only see some pages on google book

Regards!

Woody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find a way to edit the Starting date for time evaluationdate in NCT table? I have having a similar problem now..    

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can see description of NCT: Table NCT contains date specifications for days for which the entire pair formation process must be carried out again.

Whenever running PT60, some days were wrong in master data or something else, to SAP kept the time to be re-run PT60. So if we want to clear it in NCT, we have to correct them (normally it's miss check in/out or missed master data). After successfully modify and run PT60, NCT will be removed

Btw we have work around solution here: edit the earliest personal re-calculation date in infotype 0003 or the earliest recalculation date for Time Evaluation defined in Table T569R, if you want to reject any re-run PT60 in the past. eg: the date in NCT is 01.02.2012, but the the earliest personal re-calculation date in infotype 0003 is 01.08.2012, so PT60 only re-run from 01.08.2012.

Hope it helps!

regards!

Woody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Woody, in my case the table NCT did not have any entries but the table QT in B1 cluster had few entries and one of them says "Start date of time evaluation - 01.05.2006" which is the actual termination date of the employee.

The earliest recal date for our system is 31.12.2009. I have reset the earl recal date for time eval to 01.01.2010 but it did not resolve the issue.

Any other advise please..For now I am just thinking to delete the whole B1 cluster and re-run PT60.    

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said previous entry, because something wrong in master data, Time Schema store the date into NCT, NT1, NT2 or QT in cluster B1. You can delete B1, but when we re-run PT60, I'm not sure issue will be resolved all, because I don't know your employee's master data and how is your schema.

So I gave u a work around solution is: changing

the earliest personal re-calculation date in infotype 0003 or the earliest recalculation date for Time Evaluation defined in Table T569R, if you want to reject any re-run PT60 in the past. eg: the date in NCT is 01.02.2012, but the the earliest personal re-calculation date in infotype 0003 is 01.08.2012, so PT60 only re-run from 01.08.2012.

Btw please look at link How PT60 start to have more information.

Regards!

Woody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Woody, the date in T569R is 31.12.2009.

Even if the date in T569R is 31.12.2009 and earl personal recal date is 01.01.2010, PT60 still tries to go back till 01.05.2006 and throws the error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Woody, I checked the PT60 link which you gave me as well and as you said in the link that time eval will start from the earliest of the following dates:

1. PDC date in infotype 0003

2. Date in NCT Table of cluster B1.

3. Earliest date in NT1 table of cluster B1

4. Earliest date in NT2 table of cluster B1

5. One day after last date processed in table QT of cluster B1

6. Date in T569R is 31.12.2009

In my situation, the tables NCT, NT1 and NT2 have no entries. The Start date in time evaluation in QT is 01.05.2006.

So as per the logic you explained, I think the earliest date it is picking to run time eval is 01.05.2006. But since T569R is restricted to 31.12.2009, pt60 is unable to go back to 01.05.2006. It is not possible for  me to change the date in T569R since it was set at a company level.

Is there any other way to change the date in QT table to something more than 31.12.2009?    

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know, T569R will set for all company.

However I also mention, you can set for only 1 employee by setting in IT0003, field the earliest personal re-calculation date, you can you T-Code PU03 to edit it. Please look at attached picture!

Woody, the date in T569R is 31.12.2009.

Even if the date in T569R is 31.12.2009 and earl personal recal date is 01.01.2010, PT60 still tries to go back till 01.05.2006 and throws the error message.

=> really? could you please send screenshots of configuration and running PT60?

is there any other way to change the date in QT table to something more than 31.12.2009?    

=> As I know until now, we have to delete cluster B1 , I am looking for the solution to modify QT directly, whenever I find it, I will tell u know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Woody, I changed the earliest personal re-calculation date as suggested by you to 01.01.2010 and ran PT60. I still got the message "Period to be evaluated 20060501 before earliest recalculation period 201001" but in addition to this I got 2 more messages and then an error message that the person has been rejected.

2 more messages:

Start of pair formation changed from 20060501 to 20100101

Customizing error in work schedule rule

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry

So now using T-Code PU00 to delete cluster B1. I think we have no option anymore With process

1. Delete by PU00

2. check cluster B1:

PT_CLSTG1 - Display Group Incentive Wages (Cluster G1) => everything must be NULL

3. Modify IF0003: input the correct date in 2 filed earliest personal re-calculation date and PDC recalculation.

4. Run PT60

Hope everything is fine

Regards!

Woody