Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle empty file using sftp adapter

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain me how to handle empty files in sftp adapter.

Thanks,

Enivass

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enivas,

In communication channel, under the processing tab you have an option called "Empty File Handling".

There are three options in drop down format under this. Use the one which suits your requirement.

Regards,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI does not have any inbuilt sftp adapter. In order to do sftp, you would either need to use a script with ftp or a third party adapter like seeburger.

With regards to empty file handling, you have the 3 options under Empty-File handling in the processing tab.

Regards

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarkar,

I am using sftp adapter for seeburger. Can u please explain me how to handle empty files.

thanks,

Enivass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enivaas,

I don't have the seeburger sftp adapter at hand at the moment, but asfar as I remember, this does not specifically have an empty-file handling option like the standard ftp adapter.

So to stop emtyp files from being written, guess would need to handle this at the mapping level. For example, check for target creation criteria in the header node in mapping. If the creation criteria is not met, you can throw an error in mapping.

You may also incorporate this condition in your Receiver determination. In this case, if the condition is not satisfied, no receiver is determined in PI.

Regards