SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Control is not working for FB50

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using BCS for budget control and we have already defined the Budgeting and AVC control settings correctly and we defined the committment item category 30 & 3 for expenses and loaded the budget against funds center.And when we are psoting tthe expenses in FB50 which is more than the budhet it is not giving any message and it is posting the accoutning document.And when we checked this it is updating FMAVCR01 correctly but no budget control and it is taking any amount.

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, first of all run FMAVCREINIT .

'it is updating FMAVCR01 correctly' - you mean actual and budget?

AVC doesn't work only in fb50?Did you try to post eg PO for same addresses?

Check statistic indicator on FM doc.

Check which ledger is updated.

Check AVC ledger activation.

Check derivations for addresses(budget, avc)

Check if value type excluded from avc.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply and it is updating FMAVCR01 correctly with budget values as consumable and there is no stastical posting for document and it is real but when we try PO with this as committment budget it is working correctly.I have checked and it is updating 9H& 9I ledgers as we are using 350 as updated profile and AVC is activated from 2011 year onwards and derivation we adopted for budget address and AVC is standard 9HSAP000.

0 Kudos

Hi, do you use cover eligibility? May be it has different derivation for Value types?

Also read treat especially about badis, Tolerance profile and it derivation

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We are not using cover eligibility and BADI,s are also not avtivated and we used AVC filter settings 9H&9I as consumed amounts from 2011 year and we defined filter settings for committment/actual values for 2011 year for 9H&9I with all value types are taken into account (no values are excluded) and the activation status of AVC for both the ledgers is active with strict check logic.

0 Kudos

Hi, and what about derivation for tolerance profile?

Also, did you create FB50 based on some doc? Eg Earmarked Funds?

And you wrote nothing about FMAVCREINIT for 9I,9H

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The derivation for tolerence is 9HSAP000 and we are giving the Funds Center and Committment Item in FB50.

0 Kudos

Hi, as far as I remember this is standard derivation (but not for Tolerance profile but for control object) and control object here is the highest level of hierarchy .

So in FMAVCR01, be aware when choose Account assignments (posting,budget, control addresses)

Now about derivation for tolerance profile IMG-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Budget Control System (BCS)-Availability Control-Settings for Availability Control Ledger-Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles (here you can switch off avc for some rules defined here)

PS

What about FMAVCREINIT for 9H,9I?

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I didnt understand your previous reply can you elaborate on this and I have done the FMAVCREINIT for 9H and 9I but results are the same.

0 Kudos

Hi, I see, I asked because you didn't answer. And this tcode you need to run after changes which influence on derivation, avc customization etc, and you need run it for all correspond avc ledger(and of cause not in Test mode)

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I have reinitialized the AVC for all ledgers with Re-Int Complete Ledger with real run still I am getting the same results.

0 Kudos

Hi, as per treat which I mentioned before, I think its the same issue , and I advise gemini13 to write message to sap, hope he did it. But you can do the same.

By the way, did you install new patches, or upgrade you system?

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Could you provide me the support pack level or patches to be maintained to work on this process so that I can check.

0 Kudos

Hi, I mean that may be you installed new patched, because often issues arises after that.

0 Kudos

You can see Patch level in System-Status-Components level

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have not mentioned if you are saving as completed the document in transaction FB50 but since you are not receiving an AVC error, I believe so. Please confirm this information.

In case you are saving the document as completed, unfortunately the system is working as designed. Please refer to the consulting notes 1029068 and 573409 (issue 9).They explain the standard system logic.

Note 1029068 is from CO but the the system behaviour is simular for fund management.

The checks only works, if you save a document.

However, you can the modification note 1239681 which forces the FI program to send out all warning messages from AVC (FM), when saving a document as completed. Unfortunately this is not standard, because it would somehow need some re-design of the FI application.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.