cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed lead time Sales Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our environment we need the system to confirm everything in a sales order after a fixed lead time of 10 days. I have tried using RLT in material master but what happens is that the system confirms whatever is in inventory right now and the rest after 10 days. We need it to confirm everything after 10 days (complete delivery) without looking at the currrent inventory and without manual intervention in the sales order (as the order is coming from another client). Please suggest how can this be achieved gurus.

Helpful answers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Since the system always tries to confirm the quantities for the Requested Delivery Date in the sales order, make sure that you default the date for RDD with ten days lead time. Even though the stock is available now, the system will confirm the quantities only for the requested delivery date and not for today. You can set the lead time through config in the definition of your order type through Tcode VOV8.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If not all materials will have 10 days delivery date, then you can use the customer master to do this for you.

Options can be:

1. during sales order creation, you can alter the customers' requested delivery date to 10 days.

2. create a new shipping point and input 10 days for the pick/pack time workdays. Set up configuration for this on plant and sales org level. Use this shipping point for materials that you want in future 10 days delivery.

Please see attached for further info:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/SDBFAC/SDBFAC.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thank you and regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe u should make the required change in Scope of the check i.e whether to include inventory , incoming goods receipts etc . then Keep the RLT as 10 . it should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I actually did that, but turns out it is still looking at the inventory first and confirms partially. The requirement type I am using in the material master is 02 (individual requirements).

Thanks,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you wan to push the date out 10 days even if all material is required?

If not, you can require that the item be delivered in one delivery (partial delivery indicator = 'C'.)

If you wish to push the delivery out 10 days no matter what, turn off the availablity check and use the pick/pack, loading and/or transportation planning leads time to add ten days from today to determine the goods issue date.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Turn off all the check boxes in the availability check and use check with RLT in t.code OVZ9.

If this does not work, then try in t.code VOV8, for the sales document type, try to use the fields Lead time in days and propose delivery date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joshua and Shiva. I had already set the complete delivery flag in the customer master but still it proposes both options for complete and one time delivery in the availability check screen (i.e. manual intervention is required to select one). If it were automatically choosing the complete delivery option then the problem was solved.

I can't use order type as we have different lead times for different materials and in OVZ9 everything is unchecked.

I am not sure if loading/transportation planning will work since we have different lead times for different materials.

So in a nutshell I need the availability check to not look at the inventory and confirm everything as per the material master RLT time.

Thanks,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody? Your help will be appreciated as per forum guidelines.

George

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it were automatically choosing the complete delivery option then the problem was solved.

Then check in t.code OVZJ, check the box fixed quantity and date field and add value B in the availability check rule field. Hope this solves the problem.

Regards,