cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file transport problem in XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue in transporting XI objects(JAVA component). When I am using the transport wizard for Export design or configuration objects it's showing me the below error "Error during Export The System can't find the path specified".

Export directory for .tpz file transport is defined as E:\usr\sap\XID\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\export for repository objects and E:\usr\sap\XID\SYS\global\xi\directory_server\export for config objects.

My observation regarding the issue:

Traverse through the following path

XI homepage --> Administration --> General Information.

In File Access tab, Information for Temporary Directory is shown as :(The system cannot find the path specified).

Is there any specific parameter or something in visual administrator through which I could actually set the temporary directory ?

Thanks,

Soumen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Please check if you are able to go though the path from Operating system level, i suspect there might be file permission issue at the OS level.

Please contact your administrator and check if you have the right permissions to access all the folders in the pathe you mentioned above.

Cheers!!!

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

The directory path you mentioned is the default one. The error you are facing is since the directory might not exist.

Please look into application server, if unix - login to the server and go to the path and check if it exists using cd command.

If windows, navigate to the folder location.

Next check if the access parameters/permissions are correct. I.E. the folder is not read only. For unix use chmod 777 <folder name> and for windows right click and set the permissions.

Regards,

Souvik