cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics printer configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement of printing the HR Organization structure directly on local color printer attached to end user desktop.

I tried to configure the Graphics printer in SPAD, I followed the below steps -

1. In SPAD, create new output device, say SAP GRAPHICS Printer.

2. Given the short name SPGR.

3. Selected device type GRAPHICS.

4. Access method G: Front End printing with control tech.

5. Host printer defined as --default

I opened the organization structure by using tcode PROS_OLD. I opened org stature for one department and clicked on "Tutorial Graphics" button. It opened new window of Structural graphics showing graphics output of the hierarchy. I clicked on print button and selected the option as below -

Output - system (R/3 spool)

Export Filter - Post script

When I say print, in this it is requesting for SAP Graphics printer. I selected the Graphics printer but I am getting message "Printer SAP graphics output Not implemented"

I am unable to proceed further, Please help me out.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I've done;

1) Created a new printer in SPAD with Access method="G:" and Device Driver="GRAPHICS"

2) Opened the structural graphic

3) Clicked on print button

4) Output options "Spool -> as Postscript"

5) Clicked on print button

6) The systems asked for a graphic printer. Then I entered newly created printer at the 1st step

7) Then, I clicked ok button.

And everything is ok. I get the graphical printout successfully.

At this stage, if you are not able to graphical print still, I suggest you that open an OSS ticket.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Choose "C:Direct Operating System Call" on "Host Spool Access Method" under SPAD, if you are printing on Windows.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Senior SAP Netweaver and Development Consultant

SAP Technical Architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

I changed as per your suggestions and I defined host printer as "__default" but still I am getting same error as "Printer SAP graphics output Not implemented"

It will be very helpful if anybody provide me the link for any document which will explain the proper steps and guidance about graphics printer settings.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Change device type to "SWIN". I have the same configuration and it is running properly.

Best regards,

Orkun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

The device type won't support the graphics printout. Only GRAPHIC and POSTGRAP device types support it.

Still, I tried your solution and changed to device type to SWIN and tried to print, but in the output device selection screen its not showing any printer.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> The device type won't support the graphics printout. Only GRAPHIC and POSTGRAP device types support it.

I mean that device type GRAPHICS + C:Direct Operating System Call combination worked, properly at my test site.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik