cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Body Text in Service Desk email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We wish to use the service desk functionality in solution manager 3.2 to run our SAP helpdesk. At present we are able to raise calls and generate automated email confirmations to users on receipt using actions:

Form Name CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01

Processing Class CL_DOC_PROCESSING_CRM_ORDER

Processing method CRM_SRVORDER_EXEC_SMART_FORM

The automated email response generates an email to the orignator of the call, populating the message subject with the call information and attaching a PDF document containing the call details. The body of the email itself is left blank. We would like to be able to add a standard text to the email e.g.

"The above call has been raised in your name. Details of the call are contained in the attached PDF file.

Your call will be assigned to a member of the Helpdesk team who will contract you shortly.

Should you need further assistance please call x4324 quoting your call reference.

Regards

Support Desk Team"

Is it possible to add a body text to the email and if so how?

Many Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Use transaction SMARTFORMS and copy the CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01 into Z_CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01 or something of that nature. After creating your own copy of the form you can make changes and add the desired text. When in change mode drill down Pages and Windows->MAIN Main Window->TEXT_DESCRIPION_GEN_TEXT Text Header. You will need to double click on the last item to open the editor where you can input your text.

Good Luck,

Jim

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

What I explained works for us...not sure what to tell you. I have used this a couple times and different clients already with no problems of the txt going into a PDF file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

In transaction SCOT under SMTP node - internet settings - output formats the setting for SAPscript/Smart Forms was set to PDF so when a mail was generated via an action in solution manager the email that was generated was blank with the smartform contents being included in an attached PDF.

I have now set this to txt instead and an email is generated with no attached pdf and the body of the email populated with the smartforms information included.

Its not an ideal solution for us here but I think it may be a more useable solution for the time being.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Mark

helmut_schrder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

ok, your question is from 2006 and now we have 2014 🙂

We activate ITSM in SAP SolMan 7.1 and we have same issue. We send an email with attached smart form (PDF). But the mail body is empty.

Have you find a solution?

Regards,

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

in Transaction SCOT you can change the email from PDF to TXT:

Hope this helps,

Christoph

helmut_schrder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

thanks for the answer. We know this feature, but it is not an ideal solution, because every smart form will be converted to text. Ok, it may be a useable solution at moment.

Regards,

Helmut

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your ABAP Team member will be able to do it in minutes.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies , I think I may have been a little unclear in my question.

I would actually like a text (which will be identical each time it is sent) to appear in the body of the email itself and not in the PDF file.

As it stands at the moment the system automatically generates a blank email with the pdf attached. The PDF contains all the relevant data to the call. The subject line of the email is also populated.

Having spoken to our abaper he suggests that the change that you have mentioned will only affect the content of the PDF file.

Thanks again.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Use transaction SMARTFORMS and copy the CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01 into Z_CRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01 or something of that nature. After creating your own copy of the form you can make changes and add the desired text. When in change mode drill down Pages and Windows->MAIN Main Window->TEXT_DESCRIPION_GEN_TEXT Text Header. You will need to double click on the last item to open the editor where you can input your text.

Good Luck,

Jim