cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Availability Control For Internal Activities Confirmation

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had an issue when confirming work from CAT2 related with the budget availability control (). People told me to solve it using a user-exit to control the budget from CAT2.

I have realise that the same problem happens when confirming activities form CJ20N. When I save the project, after confirming an activity, I get the message "Errors arose during actual cost calculation" so I check the log where I have the message: "Item XXX Ntwk actvty 4000XXX 0040 budget exceeded" back to CJ20N main screen I get the message: "No actual costs for network 4000687 (check log)" and the project is closed.

The issue is that the work (hours) is saved as actual work but the actual cost hasn't, this seems a very strange behaviour.

Has anybody faced this issue before? If you believe there is no other way of avoiding this than using a user-exit, could you give some tips about how to do it (which tables should I check to get the actual cost of the assigned WBSE, the budget of it, etc.)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see customization for costing has been configured or not, if you are confirming activities- internal the work center has to be assigned and activity types in work center has to be defined correctly also please see the costing varient.

Cheers,

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Work Center and Activity Type seems to be correctly defined.

In both costing variants (Plan and Actual) we use valuation variant: "1 Plan Price for the Period".

As long as we know it seems to be all right. Actual cost work fine if we do not activate the budget availability control or if we confirm an amount of work inferior to the planned work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPSU please check the check box 'cost'.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Already checked.

Note that actual and planned cost works fine if we do not use Budget Availability Control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please lets know any thing done as following with avaiblitu control setting?

1. you install a new release

2. you haved changed the availability control settings in the budget profile (e.g. from overall to annual values)

3. you have changes the tolerance limits for availability control

4. you have defined exempt cost elements - that is, cost elements which are not subject to availability control

5. you have changed the order update settings for orders for projects

6. you suspect errors in the data - for example, in objects from older releases or after incorporating corrections relating to budgeting or availability control

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. you install a new release --> No

2. you haved changed the availability control settings in the budget profile (e.g. from overall to annual values)-->No

3. you have changes the tolerance limits for availability control-->Yes, but each time we do we try with a new project.

4. you have defined exempt cost elements --> No

5. you have changed the order update settings for orders for projects --> No that I know

6. you suspect errors in the data - for example, in objects from older releases or after incorporating corrections relating to budgeting or availability control --> No that I know

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.