cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see data in E2E analysis for the portal system in E2E analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have configured the Portal and the solman system for Java monitoring.

The Solman system is at the following patch level -

Solman 7.0 EHP1 SPS 23.

ST 400 - Level 23.

Following steps have been completed -

1.The initial and basic settings in solman_setup have been completed.

2.The Diagnostics manager is setup on Solman and the Enterprise manager is configured.

3.The extractors for the SMD are activated and running.

4.The portal activity setup is completed on the JAva portal system.

5.The Managed system diagnostics setup is completed with few warnings.

Now when we are trying to See the data in Solman_workcenter --- > E2E analysis , we get the following screen -

Variables for E2E Summary View (MPEH)

E2E CV PPMS ID Variable

E2E Installation Number Variable

E2E SID Variable PEP

E2E Metric Type Variable(multiple values) SERVLETS

And the options to be selected are - EXECUTE and CHECK.

When we execute we recieve the following error -

Value "SERVLETS" for variable "E2E Metric Type Variable(multiple values)" is invalid

We tried to check the SMSY settings also but everything is fine and there are no conflicts in the landscape defination of the managed system.

We followed the same setup procedure on our development solman system and we were able to see the E2E data.

HOwever the above error is seen only on our productive system.

Has anyone faced a similar issue ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Prince Jain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check the posiblities stated in the thread [|]

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the response .

But this was the only thread i found the first time i searched for this error.

As per the thread i have deleted the duplicate entry in SMSY for the managed system .

And i have re run the SLD fetch job .

Now i can see only one system in the system landscape defination.

Still it seems there is some entry which the SMD extractor query is trying to read.

When i check the data in the SMD infocubes i can find the relevant workload data.

However when trying to view this from the SOLMAN_WORKCENTER still im getting the variable input screen.

When i delete the values in the variable field and execute the query i am able to see the data , but not directly....!

Any idea from where the extractors for SMD are fetching the query to display the data in SOLMAN_WORKCENTER.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Prince Jain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

Are you able to solve this problem. I am facing exactly the same error but no clue on how to fix this issue.

Best Regards,

Gowtham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gowtham,

Yes we were able to resolve the issue.

Following were the steps taken -

1.SMSY settings were checked and corrected , there were duplicate entries for our portal system , so the duplicate entries were deleted and only the valid data was retained (the FWK extractors use the data from the SMSY for the correct reporting of data using the BI framework in solman ).

2.To check if there are any conflicts in the landscape definations - goto SMD admin page and there you have a n option to check the SMSY conflicts. - correct all those conflicts.

3.We re installed the Wily agents (pushed from the solman to the portal system) and restarted the portal system.

check on the SMD admin page if the wily agents are active.

4.Check if all the FWK extractors are running on the SMD page.

5.Check again if the BASIC configuration on the solman_setup tcode is completed , especialy the BI setup .

IF all the above steps are executed correctly you should be able to view the data in the solman_workcenter RCA tab for the sateliite system.

Regards