cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign workflow to Business Object without specifying event.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we assign a workflow to a business object without specifying the triggering event?

Regards,

Guddan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Case of CRM you can either activate the event linkage or you can trigger wrokflow via action profiles as you are saying your workflow template is not avialble do one thing create an element with name of BUSINESSOBJECT and of the type of BO you want activate the workflow. Then if you go in SPRO action profiles you will be able to asisgn it.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brother,

There is a simple solution to your problem.

In order to view your workflow in the list of workflows during the action profile configuration (CRM) and want to assign your custom workflow to the respective action profile, then only one thing that you have to do is create a business object container element in your workflow container and this newly created element should reference to the business object for which you are configuring the action profile.

For example:

your Business object is BUS2000111 (CRM Opportunity) then you create a container element which will refer to BUS2000111.

you can do this using PFTC or SWDD, after step activate your workflow and try to refresh the buffers and then go to

action profile , you will see your custom workflow and then assing it .... hope i have answered appropriately.

Please reward ...

Regards,

Altaf Mohammed

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

If you would've tried it on your own you would have gotten the answer yourself and maybe even learned a bit more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guddan,

If you want to use any methods of business object, then you can directly use the business object in your workflow.

Can you give us more information about your issue for better understanding?

Thanks,

Viji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the replies.

Actually, i need to create a workflow for CRM. So the functional person that we can do CRM configuration in such a way that there will not be need of assigning any starting event for the workflow.

But when he went for configuration, he was not able to see my workflow in the available list of workflows. For this, he told me to assign the workflow to a BO without specifying the starting event as configuration will itself trigger the workflow.

So i just want to know that is this possible that we specify a BO for the workflow but do not specify the event. I tried doing it in BASIC DATA of workflow but it was not possible from there. If there is some way of doing this, then please let me know.

Regards,

Guddan

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"he told me to assign the workflow to a BO"

Look in the workflow and see which BO it uses. As I said, a workflow can be associated with zero or many BOs so I don't know how you would formally assign a workflow to a BO.

By the way, you could assign a starting event to the workflow and just not activate the linkage, if that's what the config guy wants.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guddan,

Without the event linkage you can not maintain the business object in the basic data and also it will not make any sense with out the events.

So, what you can do is try to find the relavant business object and event using the event trace. If there is no BO find during the event trace you can create a custom event in the business object.

Then find the relavant BADI/user exit for the screen and trigger the custom event through the standard functiom module SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT.

Thanks,

Viji.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CRM starting a workflow can be done through action profiles. There you just have to specify which workflow template is used and you have to maintain starting conditions and binding from action to workflow etc.

For more info http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Actionprofilesin+SAP-CRM

As far as I know, not showing up on a list has got nothing to do with "assigning" a business object to a workflow template.

Alternatively your CRM consultant can use a raise event method in the action profile.

Kind regards,Rob Dielemans

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So i just want to know that is this possible that we specify a BO for the 
workflow but do not specify the event. 

Yes, To make things more clear BOR primarily is used to link and rasie the events that are defined in the BOR, but there might be cases where you might not have any events but still you need to start the workflow. The other purpose of the BOR is you create various methods in the BOR and you try to import and export differnet values and various manipulations are done with respect to the dat of the Business object instance.

that there will not be need of assigning any starting event for the workflow

Yes without any kind of start events you can start the workflow by making use of standard SAP provided function modules SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW all you need to do is pass the workflow template number let say WS99999999 and the values that you want to pass to the workflow container by making use of the tables parameter of the function module simple_container. Its a kind of name/value table.

I tried doing it in BASIC DATA of workflow but it was not possible from there

In this kind of sitituation basic data does not have any kind of significance. All you have to do is try to find a point like when ever end user clicks on submit button or try to find a BADI' or enahncement spot where you can call the workflow by making use of above mentioned function module.

But make sure you have the right interface all the data available at that point where you are calling the function module this is because you may hvae to pass the respectve data to the workflow container.

Regards

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on Dec 14, 2011 11:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you assign a workflow to a business object without specifying the triggering event.

Actually events are used to start workflow, if you do not need any event you can create a business object without event and use it your workflow. It will no problem.

Thanks and regards,

SNJY

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A workflow can be related to 0, 1 or many business objects or classes. It just depends on which ones you use.

Where would you "assign" a workflow to a business object?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology