Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

We have implemented ECC 6.0.

I have a concern with Variant COnfiguration.

One of the MTO items has been using a particular Variant Class since Go Live. Now the Business user wants to remove that Class and add another class for this material.

Since there are a lot of Transactions on it, we cannot delete it.

I wanted to know what is the best practice for deactivating a Class assigned to a material.

Thanks

Vin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way you can delete a class from a material after it has been used in transactions is to use ECM (Engineering Change Management) from a valid date. The process is very simple.

1. Create a change number using transaction code CC01. Set the status to 'Active'. Activate the 'Object types' for 'Material' and 'Classification'. Include the 'Object' (in this case your material master). Save the change number.

2. Using this change number in MM02 delete the class from material and save.

• Beware that the 'Class Type' (say 300) should be activated for ECM as a prerequisite.

If you face any issues, do let me know. If this works for you, then please award points.

Thank you,

Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per your thread,

You need to lock the current class by maintaing status as "3".

then copy all charecterstic and dependenccies from current calss and create with new name.

Thanks.,

Venkay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well even if I lock the class, the characteristics of that class show up while placing an Order.

My objective is to somehow retire the class attached to the material so that the characteristics present in that class do not show up in the newly created orders for it and at the same time cause no inconsistency to the older transactional data (Sales Orders)

Any thoughts ?

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Check these link which may help you.

Post if need more help in this.

Regards,

Madhu.