cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use function module ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM in a smart form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where in the address window in the smart form output should be country specific. For example if the customer is an Indian . The address should NAME,CITY and POSTAL CODE. I searched on web to find a function module wich will display the address in country specific format I found ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM I am not sure whether this is right function module or not. If this is correct please help me in using this.

Thanks and Regards,

Srini..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

That function module should be able to do the formatting you're after, as long as the necessary settings are present in the country configuration. It appears the default formatting routine for India would want the postal code before the city, so you may have to change that if your requirement calls it for being after the city. But keep in mind that such config changes will have an effect on other programs that format addresses.

The function module also has pretty extensive documentation.

In a Smartform, you have an ADDRESS element that does the formatting for you, so theoretically you shouldn't have to use the function module though...

Answers (0)