cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete a orphan transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question . Please direct me to other Forums as deemed fit.

I have some configuration transports created in the DEV system and we don't need them to move to QA. As we are at the verge of Upgrading the DEV system, we want to get rid of this orphan transports which are not required any longer.

1. What is the best way to undo the configuration done by this transports before we delete them?

2. What is the best way of deleting them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards

N K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can delete or rename data files and cofiles related to these transport requests at OS level so that no one can import them to any other systems .

Regards ,

Hanumant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately none of the above cited answers are the right way. If I release this transport and block it in buffer I will still end up having differences between the table entries of DEV and QA. Unless you remember what you have done and back track all the settings and move the transport or then delete the transport!!! I guess thats the whole reason of having a sand box!!!

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there is a way to undo changes in mass. You need to go to each modified program and revert the version.

Best way is release transports and delete them from buffer before importing into Q system. Other way is you can go to SE03 and release objects from the transports.

-Sanjay

Edited by: Sanjay Hanspal on Apr 25, 2011 9:17 PM