cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving samples

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to archive samples using the object QM_SAMPLE, but I have performance problems.

What can I do to solve this performance problems?

I tried to archive using a range of samples and Iusing a range of samples and inspection lots.

I would like to schedule this job so I need to user a range.

Thanks for your help

José

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check SAP help

Prerequisites

The physical samples must be set to the status "Blocked for Archiving" (ARBL) using the preprocessing program RQPRSA10.

Features

In the write program, the physical samples are archived along with the corresponding physical-sample drawings.

You can use the BAdI ARC_QM_SAMPLE_WRITE to select and archive your own data for the physical sample.

Selection

You can supplement the dynamic selections using a CUS selection view QM_QPRS_ARCHIVE_01.

Activities

Start archiving with the transaction SARA using an archiving job for the archiving object QM_SAMPLE.

We recommend that you enter a comment on the selection screen for each archiving run.

We also recommend that you set up the archiving object QM_SAMPLE in such a way that the deletion run is started automatically. This prevents the accidental multiple archiving of physical samples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your help Sujit. I know this but my problem is performance...

Before archive samples I need to mark inspection lots ok?

Can I use this Badi that You mentioned to optimize this process?

Maybe cheking inspection lots that are marked with ARBL.

How can I improve this process?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before archive samples I need to mark inspection lots ok?

I presume that yes you have to take UD which will change status of sample.

Can I use this Badi that You mentioned to optimize this process?

Maybe cheking inspection lots that are marked with ARBL.

How can I improve this process?

When I tried to do archive the samples I found that process in SARA is very slow.

Direct input of sample ( instead of searching) can improve the process !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your opinion the best solution would be using directly the numbers of samples ok?

But I would like to schedule this process in a diary job and If I use the numbers of samples to archive

I couldn't do this.

Do you understand what I want to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then its difficult ..........you may explore any SAP note for performance or raise to SAP