cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS element does not belong to business area(Message No: CJ067)

0 Kudos

Dear all,

In past we had two different plants (1012 and 3012) and each plant had specific business are (1012 with business are "MOGI" and 3012 with Business Area "MMG"), therefore we had two different WBS structures. But nowadays the plant 3012 was incorporated by plant "1012" and now we have only one plant (1012 with business area MOGI).

Because of this, we MUST changing some fields assignments in the old WBS structures like (plant, company code, business area, profit center, etc..), however in the some WBS Element the field business area is not available to changing, I think that the main reason are because in the past some values were posted in this WBS element. The big problem is we can not created a new project (WBS code), we must changing only business area and plant assignments.

Someone could tell me if you can leave this field available for change?

Kind Regards,

Kind Regards,

Lima, Vanderlin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lima,

SAP standard does not allow any changes to BA after actual posting.

Create new WBS and transfer the posted cost is the only solution. Changing at table level with help of ABAP is never a wise discussion. 

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can think ..

1. For already posted cost and revenue you need to post a JV to a dummy GL and from Dummy GL to original cost element where you can change Profit Center and Business Area etc. also no budget effect.

If it is single item then you can do it manually and items are more then you need a script for it.

2. If cannot creat a new wbs element then you need user exists which change BA for new postings.

This is very critical and thorough testing is required and of course for lagre volume scripts are required. You also need FICO consultant.

Or you can think ....other way.

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP wont allow you to change the master data once postings have happened on a particular WBS. Instead you can create a new WBS (as suggested above) in the same project and manually transfer all the costs posted on this WBS to the new one. You also have the option of locking this old WBS element to avoid any further postings on it.

0 Kudos

Hi Gokul Pillai,

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately I can do it, because after the incorporation any value could be booked in the old business area (legal requirement) and We needed to follow the WBS template that defined by Germany, There´re lot of system using this WBS structure. we really need to change the WBS master data.

Thanks in Advance,

Lima, Vanderlin

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.....in the some WBS Element the field business area is not available to changing, I think that the main reason are because in the past some values were posted in this WBS element.

As mentioned by Krisp & Gokul, you can not change any master data after actuals posted to it.

...we must changing only business area and plant assignments.

This is how ever not possible as there are already actuals posted against them.

but unfortunately I can do it, because after the incorporation any value could be booked in the old business area (legal requirement) and We needed to follow the WBS template that defined by Germany, There´re lot of system using this WBS structure. we really need to change the WBS master data.

You need to discuss this issue with right people in your organization, who can take right decisions, considering legal issues & system limitations.

The only way, What I feel is, create new WBS elemenets with whatever plant you want & transfer the cost these new WBS elements. Discuss this with your team & let them understand the issue. This way, you can over come this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing the business area after posting transactions is not allowed in standard. Just check the long text of "CJ607 message. If the option for making the message as a "Warning" is given then you can proceed.

Alternately, you can create a new WBSE & tranfer all the cost of old WBSE to this.

regards

0 Kudos

Hi krisap,

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately I can do it, because after the incorporation any value could be booked in the old business area (legal requirement).

Thanks in Advance,

OO
Participant
0 Kudos

How could I find out, if the option for making the message as a "Warning" is given?

Is it possible to set message CJ067 as a warning?