Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services files went missing after installation of SAP GUI 7.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

My name is John from Singapore and I am new here

I had a problem of logging in to my SAP GUI 7.10.

After installation of the program, and patching to lvl 15, I tried to Logon through the Login session.

However I saw that my services tab, I have exactly ZERO stuff at that tab, which is abnormal as the installation guide told me that after patching, the services should have many things coming out at that tab.

What should I do??

My friends tried installation the same way using the same guide and they all the something at the services tab. I reinstalled many times and its quite fustrating because my module requires me to use SAP GUI 7.10 and my teachers have no clue of how to assist me with my problem.

I hope by posting this fustrating problem of mine I am able to get some assistance and help

Many thanks!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

if the other machines had previously had SAPGUI installed, there is a chance that they will have access to the saplogon,ini file that contains the relevant information which is why it appears.

You may also have that file, but without read access - I've seen that prevent the data from being displayed. You could try doing a search for the file.

However the simplest answer is to create a new item and enter the relevant information in the various dialog boxes. Your admin people should be able to give you the relavant details for the application server, instanace and system ID. This would be specific to the set-up where you are, so no-one here would be able to give you the precise details.

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu and Tony!!!

Thanks for the all the replies.

I managed to solve the problem by turning off the User Account Control.

Now I can finally see all the systems tab( Sry i mistook services for systems!!!! ><)

Thanks for the help

Really appreciate it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

From what I understand from your post, I see that you have installed SAP GUI 710 and patched it up

to level 15, and that you are referring to the systems tab.

After installing SAP GUI, you have to configure your systems tab with the server details of the

SAP Installation, that you want to access.

Regards,

Vishnu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

Thanks for the reply!!!

What do you mean by configuring??

Any detailed steps for me to follow?? Sry I am not really sure...

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP GUI is only the front end, not the actual SAP installation.

If you have an actual installation available, you can use the GUI to access that Installation.

Let us know here what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,

Vishnu