cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Installation of SAP NW2004 : DB Oracle on Sun - Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing a installation of BW with DB platform as Oracle and OS SUN. I am getting an error in the installation at step 35 of the Database Installation. I am doing a unicode installation.

Details of the error message:

The Error Message is at the step DBstats update.

The exact message in the error is :

Could not update Database statistics Diagnosis Command : brconnect -u /c -f crsyn -o SAPTBW returned 3 which is not a success code. Solution : See brconnect.log for details.

The brconnect log gives the description as below

root@tsapngn # cat brconnect.log

BR0801I BRCONNECT 6.40 (15)

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2006-08-08 16.08.20

BR0301E SQL error -12705 at location db_connect-2

ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

BR0310E Connect to database instance TBW failed

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2006-08-08 16.08.20

BR0804I BRCONNECT terminated with errors

Primary Investigation: I have done some primary investigations and have gone through the sapnotes mentioned below. Still The Problem is not resolved.

592657 - ORA-12701/ORA-12705/ORA-12907

706132 - Composite note Problems with Oracle 9i

602843- Environment settings for R/3 Oracle

393620 - problem through incorrect ORA_NLS33

Please Help.

Cheers

Sundeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sundeep,

Sorry missed on the OSS notes part of the mail. Just check if there is an evironment variable NLS_LANG in your machine. In that case try to delete it and restart the installation. Before deleting just take a note of its value.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I got the similar issue when I install the R3 470 EXT2.00 SR1 ON LINUX/ORACLE 9207.

The difference is, the kernel cd I download comes with brconnect 7.0, so I have to downgrade to brconnect 6.40 to fix the problem.

Before you do the next try, you can logon as ora<sid> and run the 'brconnect -u /c -f crsyn -o SAPTBW' manually. It maybe prompt you need to set some environment variable such as ORACLE_SID. And also, make sure you set the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH to as the installation guide mention, you can try to set ORA_NLS33 too. In my case, I can run the cmd above manually with ora<sid> or <sid>adm, but when I run it under root, I got another error (not 12705). so, I have do the next step, downgrade the brtools.

From your log, you have the correct version of brconnect but I will still suggest you download the new DBATOOLS FOR KERNEL 640 from OSS and restart the SAPINST, I think the new brconnect 640 (higher patch level) could be help.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Instead of restart first try continuing with old incomplete installation.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sundeep,

I hope OSS note 393620 mentioned in the original note 592657 should be able to solve the issue. Otherwise follow the steps mentioned after the OSS note.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I Have already gone through these notes which you mentioned but still the problem is not resolved. I have gone step by step in every notes related and mentioned by you if you go through my message in the begining. What is the other alternative? DO you think I should start the installation Again ?

Thanks for your reply

Sundeep Sethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Please check OSS note 592657. This gives detailed solution of the issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.