cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available stcok shortfall of 3,000 EA in interim storag bin 916

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing STO from one plant to another plant. We have created delivery and fully picked and WM transfer order also confirmed. But while doing PGI we are getting error.. Available stcok shortfall of 3,000 EA in interim storag bin 916 and we are unable to do the Goods Issue..MAterial is neither batch managed nor spilt valuated. Please help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how much do you want to transfer? how much do you have in 916 for this delivery? is there an unconfirmed TO for putaway or picking in 916?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stocks we checked and its available as required in interim storage bin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you really under the impression that SAP just issues messages to annoy users despite of everything is okay?

Please post the original message together with its message number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message Number is L9 040

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you get this message because the goods issue does not meet the characteristics of the existing quant in storage type 916.

The quant data get updated in the delivery when you do picking in WM. SAP uses then this data for goods issue.

If you had changed the quant data in the meantime, then it does not anymore match with the data stored in the delivery,. You then get this message as you have not allowed negative stocks in this interim storage type.

One way to analyze your issue is to allow negative stock (just for a short time, to post this goods issue), you will then get a quant with a negative quantity, you can then directly compare the 2 quants and you will see the differences.

IMG > LE > WM > Interfaces > Inventory managment > Allow Negative Stocks in Interim Storage Types

Alternative you can think about what happend to your quant in 916 (or to the delivery after the picking) which could have caused that the data in the delivery does not anymore equal the quant data in 916.

Had you removed the quant from 916 with LT01 or LT10 and then moved it agaain into 916? at least the quant number is then different.

Has the quality status changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

While doing PGI first i get Error; E M7 001 Please check table XMCHA: Entry does not exist. and If we try a second time to do the PGI without leaving transaction will get the error E L9 040: Available stock short fall 0f 3 EA in interim storage bin.

Could you please help on this.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XMCHA is a internally temporary table in the program. It probably has the batch record information that you can find in the corresponding batch record of table MCHA.

Tell the full story, there is much more behind this situation, dont let me just guess.

you already mentioned in your first post: MAterial is neither batch managed nor spilt valuated.

and I already wondered what this information should tell us.

My guess is that you either turned on or off batch managment with direct table maintenance despite of having open documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your updates..

The material we need to transfer from one plant to another plant with warehouse managed, We have created delivery. We did the picking and WM transfer order confirmed. When we try to do PGI we get the error E M7 001 Please check table XMCHA : entry does not exist. then without leaving the Transaction we do the pGI second time then will get the Error Available stock short fall of 3 EA in interim storage bin,

Materials are non batch and non split valuated..We checked the change log in the material master and Table to see there is batch managament changes are there, But there is no entries found.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Direct table maintenance is not a usual way of doing changes, scu changes cannot be seen in the change logs. you can see such change logs only if you activated cahnge logs at table level.

But this was only a guess.

As we cannot solve your issue here without having more input what really happend, I recommned to open a service call at SAP, they can acces your system and analyze what went wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use Tcode LX47

Enter the TO number & delivery number

Manually do the updation

May be some updation issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjoo,

We are using SAP version 4.6, We are getting the tcode what you have suggested. LX47 does not exist.Could you please let me know is there any other way.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it only effect this one case?

Why dont you just delete the delivery and move the quant back to its bin. create then a new delivery and pick again and see if the issue is still there or gine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for the available stock of the material in LS26.