cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction logs off on MSSQL Server-2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to off the transaction logs in mssql server-2008 like archive mode off in oracle,auto over write on in maxdb database.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I want to off the transaction logs in mssql server-2008 like archive mode off in oracle,auto over write on in maxdb database.

In MS SQL there is no archive logs. Transaction logs only will generate.

Oracle architecture is different than SQL Architecture.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes In MS SQL there is no archive logs,Transaction logs only will generate,i want to know how to off the transaction logs in ms sql server.first time iam working on ms sql server.

Thanku

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot stop.!

Please read sql Architecture.

The transaction log of the SAP database records all changes made to the database. It may never be deleted and must be backed up separately. Transaction log backups save the log files. They are mandatory when you use the Full or Bulk-Logged Recovery Model since they are needed.

Read this link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/f2/31ad41810c11d288ec0000e8200722/content.htm]

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During certain maintenance activities (like upgrades, client refresh, etc) normally we would like to stop the generation of log file (transaction log in MSSQL, redo log file in Oracle, etc) and we can achieve this by setting some status of DB during that time (like recovery model SIMPLE in MSSQL, noarchivelog mode in Oracle, etc).

Thanks,

Subrata

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do the same by making recovery model to SIMPLE in SQL management studio.

(right click the SAPSID DB -> properties - > options)

Regards,

Rajneesh