cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can hide / supress the 'pop up page' and display new page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my WDJ application, initially 'first page' is displayed to the user. In 'first page', there are several button. When the user clicks on one button, one Pop Up screen appears.

In this pop up screen there are two push buttons - Yes and No.

When user clicks in Yes button, user should be routed to 'second page'. In my case, the user is shown 'second page'. However this 'second page' is on the top of 'pop up screen' and 'first page'.

It looks bad. How I can hide / supress the 'pop up page' and 'first page'. I need to display only 'second page'.

"First page' and 'second page' are on different views and windows.

Pls help.

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created first view. In first view there is a push button which calls second view as pop up view. Then I called third view from second view as pop up view.

I changed the size of different views. THis resolved the issue.

In my opinion, SAP does not have a very good and easy solution to tackle this type of requirement.

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

We can achieve this using Events in WDJ. Follow the steps below.

1. Create an Event in Component controller and create one boolean attribute.

2. On click of the button in the pop-up fire the event and set the boolean attribute as true.

3. handle the event in the Page1_View and check whether the boolean attribute is true, if true then fire the plug, also once u fired the plug make sure that u r changing the attribute to false.

Reply for queries.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizamudeen,

Thanks a lot.

Could you please elaborate further. I have not understood what firing of plugs will do? Please provide me some link if possible. What we will acheive by setting the boolean property.

Thanks

1. Create an Event in Component controller and create one boolean attribute.
2. On click of the button in the pop-up fire the event and set the boolean attribute as true.
3. handle the event in the Page1_View and check whether the boolean attribute is true, if true then fire the plug, also once u fired the plug make sure that u r changing the attribute to false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

You can destroy the pop up window as soon as the "yes" button is clicked and navigate to the second view.

You can check this link for pop up windows.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903fed0d-7be4-2a10-cd96-913670737...

May it help you.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks. Will it destroy first view as well. I need to destroy both pop up and first view both. I am unable to do so.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gary

it will not destroy the first view.But you can navigate to second view using a plug.Make first and second view in same window then you can easily navigate using plugs.

Regards

Suresh