Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Scenario need inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

I have scenario, Proxy - XI - JDBC.

i need to make a scheduled insert to the database. But i can make the insert only if the the status is yes in another table.

briefly,

table - status table -> contains status whether i can insert or not

table - contact table -> need to insert data only if yes in the status table.

can we achieve this without BPM. Can we use JDBC lookup to solve this. We are using PI 7.

Please provide valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can we achieve this without BPM. Can we use JDBC lookup to solve this. We are using PI 7.

The answer to both questions is yes. Probably you might be using the lookup api for your requirement. See blog below:

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

It would also help if your scenario is synchronous (since you are doing inserts) and this would eliminate the retry mechanism in async messages.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark,

But i am looking at more concrete solution like exactly how will you arrange the sender and the receivers??

any idea??

Thanks

Raj.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure what you meant by

But i am looking at more concrete solution like exactly how will you arrange the sender and the receivers??

Basically, the scenario ID config will be like this:

1.) One JDBC Receiver CC

2.) One Receiver Agreement, Interface Det and Receiver Agreement

The lookup part will be handled by the jdbc accessor of the jdbc lookup api.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XIRaj.

"If the status is no, i don t want to insert and close the scenario. is it possible without errors ??"

Please use Extended Receiver Determination for this.

Create one DummyReceiverService and DummyReceiverChannel and when ever the JDBC lookup returns NO, route the messages to DummyReceiver.

This way the messages will not be in RED status in MONI.

Thankyou.

Kiran.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can we use JDBC lookup to solve this

you can make use of JDBC lookup....but how do you want to proceed when the status is not yes? In normal flow (without BPM) you can make the target node as mandatory and then the output of the JDBC lookup should be used to generate this mandatory node:

Source --> JDBCLookup --> If (status = yes, someValue --> Then) --> Mandatory_Target_Node

so if the condition fails the mapping fails and you get an error in SXMB_MONI....the value/ message is not send to target JDBC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

If the status is no, i don t want to insert and close the scenario. is it possible without errors ??

Abhishek,

Does

Source(proxy) --> JDBC LookUP -> JDBC Receiver --> Target(Database) will this work without BPM

Edited by: xiraj123 on Apr 25, 2011 10:20 AM

Edited by: xiraj123 on Apr 25, 2011 10:21 AM

Edited by: xiraj123 on Apr 25, 2011 10:22 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If the status is no, i don t want to insert and close the scenario. is it possible without errors ??

I am doubtful if without a BPM you can avoid getting errors (error entry in SXMB_MONI).

Source(proxy) --> JDBC LookUP -> JDBC Receiver --> Target(Database) will this work without BPM

Yes, it will work without a BPM....the only concern would be for error raising and handling.