Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYER GETTING WRONLGLY CREDITED INSTEDED OF SOLD TO PARTY IN RETURN

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

HEELO EXPERTS

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING SINARIO.

IN THE CUSTOMER 10528 I HAVE MAINTAINED 10640 AS A PAYER.

ERROR 1) WHENEVER I CHECK FBL5N SYS IS SHOWING THE CUSTOMER LINE ITM DATA IN 10528 (WHICH SOULD NOT BE THE CASE, RIGHT?) WHY THIS IS HAPPING & HOW TO CHANGE THIS?

ERROR 2) WHENEVER I CREATE THE RETURN SALES ORDER PUTTING SOLD TO PARTY, SYS IS SHOWING SALES RETURN DOC+ CREDIT FOR RETURNS+ ACCOUNTIGN DOC IN THE PAYER ACCOUT. (BUT IDEALLY IT SHOUD BE IN SOLD TO PARY ACCOUNT) HOW CAN I PUT THESE DOCUEMENTS IN SOLD TO PARY ACCOUNT.

FEEL FEE TO ASK IF THE SINARIO IS NOT YET CLEAR.

REGARS

RAVIRAJ0308

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What ever has happened is correct,it will be always the payer.Payer is relevant for posting.Not the sold to party or any other partner.If you want the accounting posting to happen in the sold to part account then change that as payer.

Venugopal

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks venugopal for your prompt reply...

about My 1st error - why the FB5N is showing in sold to party? it has to be in payer account, right? but the sys is showing in the sold to party account.

About second error - will write soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

In your billing type check Branch/Head office wheather you have give A,if you have given A then it will hit sold to party account.

Regards,

Venugopal

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

No Venugopal...

in Bill doc type- general control- branc/ head off is not A, It is Customer=Payer/Branch=sold-to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

This is teh setting that control which partner is relavant for account posting,please chack with your FI consultant wheather any control is there in the accounting document type.

Transferring Partner Functions to Accounting

You can use the indicator Branch/Head office to determine which partner functions should be transferred to accounting when maintaining the billing type.

blank: If the payer is not the same as the sold-to party, the payer is transferred to accounting as the customer and the sold-to party is transferred as the branch office. If there is a branch office/central relationship available in accounting, this is ignored.

A: The sold-to party is transferred as the customer. If there is a branch/head office relationship in financial accounting for this customer, this is taken into account.

B: The payer is transferred as the customer. If there is a branch/head office relationship available in accounting for the customer, this is taken into account.

Note:

If the credit limit check is active, the system reacts automatically as is described in the entry "initial", regardless of what setting has been made.

Venugopal

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

ok venugopal ...i will discuss with FI consultant & will post further...

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venugopal

Further more to above, what do you think about the FBL5N showing in sold to party, As i have mentioned that I have maintained different payer, so the FBL5N should show the doc in the payer account, right? why it is showing in sold to party? Plz explain....

Thanks & Regards

RaviRaj0308

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check any of the billing document and check the Payer field on the billing document in VF03. That value should be the Payer and not the Sold to. In case it is Sold to, check the sales ordr partner functions. whatever is on the sales order will come in the AR document.

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Morining Nimit,,,

Yes, in vf03 there is payer in the payer field and not the sold to party,,,,

could you plz expalian- why the sold to party is coming insted of payer when I do the FBL5N. Since I have maintained the payer for the sold to party , there shoud not be any items in the sold to party account, right?

former_member844431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

Further more to above discussion, I think thoughts put by venugopal have worked out. I have not received any further error on this.

Thanks & Regards

RaviRaj0308