cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports backup during system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to take the backup of transports from QA system which are not yet imported into PRD as QA is getting refreshed. After refresh, I would like to add these transports into queue and import them in sequence.

Now I can get the list of transports not imported into PRD from "transports waiting to be imported" from PRD system. But I am unable to get in which sequence should these be imported into QA. Last time I did but it went in the wrong order and programs got overwritten in QA as I tried to do it by the time/date sequence.

I wish to know if anyone following the better procedure to take the transports backup in QA during the refresh process.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

2 things: Either these TRws are being imported for the first time, OR, you are concerned about the repeat import.

Usually, the order of import is the same as order of release of the TR from development. However, there may be exceptions in some cases.

But why are you being worried about the order of the transports? The developers should have a look at the list and tell you the order in which they are to be imported. See, only they would know which request contains which versions of the objects and only they can tell you what goes in and in what order.

Being from Basis (I hope you are from basis only) you have no way of knowing the correct sequence in such a case. Basis never decides order of TRs.

But, if you mean these were imported once in Q but after refresh you want the same order, then you should have gone to the transport history for the system in STMS and from there, you should have seen and saved the order of the original imports.

Regards,

Shitij