cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in IAC based workflow through UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ITS Gurus,

I was using WS20000081 leave request service in ITS 620 and SAP Inbox(BWSP) and it was working fine. Now we have upgraded the R/3 system to ECC 6.0 and published all the services to Integrated ITS 7.00 and the Kernel patch level is 55 and Basis support package is 7.

a. I understand from a note 841785 that BWSP cannot be used in Integrated ITS. IS it true? is there any workaround to use BWSP in integrated ITS.

b. I started trying it with UWL. In the UWL i can see the leave request task for approval. When i click the task, i can see the approval screen. When i click approve or reject, the screen does not close and the work item does not get completed and the workflow is strucked. I tested other workflows in UWL which are not ITS based, and they are working fine, only the Integrated ITS based workflows are not working in UWL. I dont know where the problem lies, whether at UWL or at Integrated ITS.

Would appreciate your advice to solve the problem.

Regards

Sundar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar

Did you resolve this issue? I have the same problem. If you managed to solve it can you share the solution

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

From my point of view this is definitely no ITS problem.

Let me explain why.

The IAC sbwp creates a frameset which controls the complete process chain of a workflow. This means there is application (programming) logic which controls the starting, executing and ending of a workitem.

ITS provides the technique but not the programming logic.

The UWL is an application which can start a workflow but doesn't take care of the result and that seems to be the problem. UWL should control the execution and ending of a workitem to update his list of workitems (according to user decisions).

It was not the decision of the ITS team to stop support for IAC sbwp with Integrated ITS. You might adress a developemnt request on the relevant component (BC-BMT-WFM) to urge them to support bwsp with Integrated ITS as well.

Thanks and regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundar

I am not sure if this will help...I tried SBWP instead of BWSP and it is working for me for what I wanted to accomplish (a simple workflow task item that displays a web request and allowing me to change the web request in CRM)

FYI...I am also on ITS 7.0 and BWSP did not work for me.

If you come across any other solution, please post it here. Thanks.

Vijay Kandaswamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately i cannot use SBWP because my services are IAC based. If i launch it from SBWP, it will not launch the HTML based GUI. It will pose another set of problem. It looks like BWSP uses flow logic technology hence BWSP cannot be used in ITS 7.0. I have no other choice other than UWL.

UWL is also giving me some problems with Integrated ITS. Workflow is not getting triggered from UWL. If you have any solution for the same, please provide me.

Regards

Sundar