cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 11.2.0.2 and can't take a full backup now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm new to this forum (and SAP) so hopefully i"m posting in the right place. My role is Database Administrator.

I upgraded a test database to 11.2.0.2 using the DBUA and now am unable to get a full backup of the database. Backups are fine in the dev database that was upgraded - a cron job calls a .ksh script which calls BRBACKUP.

BR0252E Function fopen() failed for '/oracle/$/.saparch$arch1_659_748560082.dbf' at location main-27

BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

It's looking for archive log 659, which hasn't been written to the saparch directory - the archive logs written out only go up to sequence 658.

I opened an SR with Oracle, and they said that because the backup is being done with an SAP tool, I should be looking to SAP for support.

A lot of the BR0252E errors that I've seen online seem to be related to permissions. Another thing of importance to note is that my Exceed session with the DBUA crashed when I remoted in from home to finish the upgrade. I checked error logs and didn't see any errors, so proceeded with the upgrade and the database is healthy. Could there be a saproot.sh script that I missed running, even though I'm not getting a permissions error?

Thanks for your assistance!

Erin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read this sap note

Note 952080 - BR*Tools fail with BR0252E Function stat() failed

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=952080]

Symptom

BR*Tools fail with the following error messages:

BR0252E Function stat() failed for 'origlog' at location BrDiskStatGet-1

BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

BR0277E Determination of disk volume status for origlog failed

Other terms

BR*Tools

Reason and Prerequisites

The problem is caused by configuration problems with soft links.

Solution

Due to technical reasons, BR*Tools does not accept relative soft links in the SAPDATA_HOME directory. The following soft links cause the above mentioned errors:

/oracle/SID/origlogA -> origlog

/oracle/SID/sapdata9 -> sapdata

Use absolute soft links instead:

/oracle/SID/origlogA -> /oracle/SID/origlog

/oracle/SID/sapdata9 -> /oracle/SID/sapdata

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

Did you downloaded latest brtools 7.20, on SAP marketplace? This is because, SAP recommend to use brtools 7.20 with Oracle 11g. Secondly, if you don't have a specific reason, I recommend that you start your backup session on DB13, not cron jobs on operating system.

As a lat step, if these steps do not hit the solution, then open a ticket to OSS in order to investigate the problem.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Senior SAP Netweaver and Development Consultant

SAP Technical Architect