cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login to a new created client?

Former Member

Hi I have installed ECC 6 IDES and logged into 000 client with sap* then created a client 275 in SCC4.

When I try to login in that client with sap* and password = pass. I cant

I have tried all the possible default passwords and user (like DDIC) but no luck.

And for some reason I cannot save the entry login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0in the RZ10, it shows as that moment its there but in a new session it disappears ( even after copying).

Tried deleting manually the user SAP* from oracle database commands but no luck.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you have to restart the instance for the parameter change to take effect.

Regards Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said it vanishes as soon as I close the RZ10 screen .. ( the parameter ) I cant even use the "SAVE" option jus the 'copy'...and all I can see is ' has been transfered messages at the bottom.

And restarting the MMC is not helping either.

RZ11 always shows its value 1 no matter what I create or start the whole MMC again.

Edited by: max.sap on Apr 23, 2011 8:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the operating system level. Browse to the profile directory: ..\usr\sap\<sid>\SYS\profile..

Open the instance profile and add the parameter:

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Then restart the SAP instance and check in rz10 if changes have taken affect. Then try logging in with SAP*.

Regards,

Srikishan

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible that you've placed your configuration files in directory with read only access?

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks this works

I could able to login the new client but when i try to copy it (sccl)

i get this error dbif_rsql_sql_error

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have sufficent database space for client copy. Run client copy when user load on system is low.

provide st22 and sm21 log for error.

-Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am using the trial IDES at home I dont have load on it Just for practising.

How can increase the database/table space?

Please provide the command

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How are you able to login to newly created client in IDES. I created new client in 000 in SCC4, then in RZ10 maintained the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 and then restarted instance, still doesnt work. I do not see the parameter saved in RZ10 and cannot login to new client with SAP* and its password. How did you resolve this. Pleae provide details. Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Sheena Mehta

Hi

You have to manually add the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 in the Default profile .

For ex: Browse to the directory ( C:\sap_install directory\.....\usr\sap\<sid>\SYS\(default)profile..

Open the instance profile with notepad and add the parameter in last:

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

and save).

Restart the SAP server.

Now use the id SAP* and password = pass to login to any newly created clients.

For 000 and 001 use the passwords that you have given at the time of installation of ECC and if you create client 800 from 7xx client you will get the demo data in the tables too.

Regards,

Max

Edited by: max.sap on May 16, 2011 6:33 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What db you are using ? How much space you have in your system?

-Sanjay

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RZ10 and import profile of active server. Then change the value sap* value and save.

From profile directly clean *.bak file if any.

Restart the instance.

-Sanjay