cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-Script Spool Requests over 2 GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

if I make a dunning run the created spool requests are over 2 GB and the printing will be cancelled by the system. I use SAPF150D2 for printing the SAP script dunning froms. According to SAP it's not possible to handle spool files with more than 2 GB in Temse.

I don't have any idea why the spool request take so much space. I only generate 2000 pages in one spool request without any graphics, only text and some table lines. On the same system we make invoice forms also in SAP script with more than 4000 pages and there is no problem.

Has anybody an idea what reasons could be that the request take so much space???

Regards

CD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if this will be of any help, but take into consideration that it takes ~1MB for page, so I would say a fine size for graphical file. Maybe there is somewhere magical checkbox like 'generate to image' or something like this? but this is only my guess.

And what happens when you create only ony page of output, like dunning for one client?

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

thanks for your answer, I tried the same customer (over 100.000) with a SAP standard dunning form. And what a surprise. 2000 pages with 7.000.000 Bytes --> no problem!!! So there must be something "magical" in my form. But stil no idea what this could be. Today I'll try only to print the MAIN-window without all other windows. Maybe there are then some differences.

Regards

Christian

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

In that case I would copy SAP solution to Z namespace and change it step by step to make it work like your solution. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner;) ) you'll get to what is wrong.

If you'll find solution please share it with us.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the difference. In SAP standard form F150_BE_DUNN_01 the font Courier is mainly used. But in my form I use Arial.

Now I only write the MAIN window with one header line and 3 position lines, all in Courier. It takes only 2.236 Bytes. If I write the same with Arial than it takes 825.726 Bytes! So it seems to me that the Arial font will need much more space than other fonts.

Regards

CD

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

It still looks strange to me that spool request is so big. If it would be output request then I would say that problem lies in your printer - it doesn't recognize Arial font and because of that data have to be send as images and not text, but spool....hmmm. I guess there is still a lot to learn That way or other thanks for info. It may be useful in future.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I changed all fonts from Arial to a Z-font and now the size ist 13.876 Byte for the whole form!!!! So I reduced it from 1.627.378 to 13.876 Bytes. It's also strange to me but it seems that the font was the problem in our system. Anyhow the problem is solved and my customer should be happy now

Regards

CD