cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do the hard allocation of stocks to a cuatomer/group.

former_member725204
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are live on ECC 6.0 (IS Retail)

Business wants to allocate some stocks of certain material to a particular customer/customers group (customer chain) so that when customer places an order for the article it will always be available.

The material is also purchased by other customers on an as and when basis. The reserved element of stock is not available to other customers. When the customer for whom it is reserved places an order the stock should be automatically confirmed for that sales order

We have configured the product allocation process, but the limitation of this process are:

u2022Product allocation just specifies a maximum number for an object.This

must be maintained at client level i.e if you just want to maintain for

one chain code (group of customers), you still have to maintain for all

chain codes in all the sales areas for the object (irrespective of

whether you want to or not, at least using the masking character)

u2022Unless the maximum level is reached, orders will still be confirmed on

first-come-first serve basis. i.e there is no hard allocation; if there

is shortage, other customers can take the article though you might have

specified a "maximum number" for customerXXX and customerXXX might not

get the article. As said earlier, the check is "if the customer has

exceeded his quota!"

u2022Our requirement is for a kind of "hard allocation" which is almost

impossible to achieve using Product allocation.

We have configured consignment fill up process also, but the limitation is the fill up is for a particular customer,we cannot do it for customer chain (group of customers)

Please share any ideas to overcome the above issues to achieve the hard stock allocation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

In one of my similar requirement i have used Product allocation with Back order processing. Did you think on those lines to meet your requirement. Let me know, we can discuss more.

Mauryan,

former_member725204
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Mauryan,

Could you please explain the process a bit (Product allocation with Back order processing). Below is my business process.

There are 5 major customers and I want to allocate stock for one particular customer. for example, total unrestricted stock is 1000 cases, from that I want to allocate 300 cases to customer A and I should be able to invoice 300 cases to this customer as an when the order comes, no other customer is allowed to consume that allocated stock, even after the customer order quantity for other 4 customers are more than 700.

Thanks & Regards,

Niyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Once you allocate the material, please note the key things, here is to use correctly like -> characterstics and key figure.

In key figure have incoming orders and allocated materials along with the customer group.

Then look at priortiesing of the materails by allocation to customer-> delivery priorty in customer master. Now the higer customer will have the allocated materail once you schedule the back order job after every 15 mints.

Mauryan.

Edited by: Mauryan on Apr 25, 2011 12:23 PM