cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

I am going to perform Remote client copy PRD(900) to QAS(860), and PRD900 is having logical client and QAS 860 is new client( with out data not configured logical client) . So can i perform remote client copy without creating logical client is QAS 860 or can i create it later after copied data for PRD900.

Please guide me for this.

Thanks

YR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remote client copy is to copy the data from a client in one sap system to a client in another sap system. For this first thing you need to have a valid RFC connection between the two clients. Also the repository structure of the two sap systems involved in here should be the same. By that what I mean is you cannot have a remote client copy done between a client existing in solution manager and a client in ECC. This is because the repository structure is different. However while doing the remote client copy in the Tcode scc9 there would be a tab called RFC comparision check. You click on that and it does that structure check and throws any error if the structures are different. If it is good, then you can go ahead with the client copy. It is triggered in the target client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yograj,

You can peroform this activity by follwoing .

1- Now your target client has been created QAS 860

2- Create logical system or client

3- Goto SCC4 assign logical system or cleint to the QAS 860

4- Now goto QAS 860 and run SCC9

5- Keep remeber before starting the remote client copy just check the RFC connect between source client and target client.

Thanks ,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arun

You are talking enter in 860 and create logical client but according to me while you created new client that is without data, i think you are not getting my question properly. Here i don't have data in 860 and means i am not able to create logical client , so my question is, Can we perform logical client later while i have imported Data from 900 PRD server?

Thanks

YogRaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yograj,

Here i don't have data in 860 and means i am not able to create logical client - this statement is meaningless from the technical point of view.

1. As it is new client you are login into this client by using automatic sap* user with default password PASS.

2. You are able to create logical system any time using BD54 (table view V_TBDLS is cross client, try to create in other client using diff admin user) and assign the created logical system in SCC4 for the new client.

3. Create RFC's for both direction.

4. Run SCC9 in target client ( QA new client) using your sap* user and give prod client as source client.

You are able to run System Repository Comparison by RFC's before execution of actual client copy, both the repositories must be identical. Otherwise client copy fails at the starting point.

Thanks,

Subrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yograj,

Did you mean with the "logical client" that "Logical System"? Or "SAP client number"?

If it means "Logical System". So, you can perform the client copy and then create a logical system (for example QASCLNT860) and set in the SCC4, after the respective client copy operation.

If it means "SAP client number", you have to create the SAP client first(for example "860"), at the SCC4, and then you can perform the client copy over the SAP system.

Orkun Gedik

Senior SAP Netweeaver and Development Consultant

SAP Technical Architect