Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 IDES installation probrem.

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am going to install SAP NETWEAVER PI 7.1 IDES with oracle DB on windows 2003 server. the installation master used is 51033208_11(BS_2005_SR2_SAP_Installation_Master) however the export data could be found on the SWDC is 51033237(SAP NW AS ABAP 7.1 Inst. Export). The installation master calls for export data with label(SAP:NETWEAVER:2004sSR2:EXPORT(1/3)::), whereas in 51033237,

the label is something like SAP:NETWEAVER:2007.

my questions:

1. if the lable of 51033237 has been changed to SAP:NETWEAVER:2004sSR2:EXPORT(n/3)::, will this change work or not?

2. if not, where can i get the correct export file for installation? what's the number of the file?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran the installation on a test system using the 51033237.zip file, and it ran successfully. You should be able to use this export file without any problems.

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi gurus:

in step 'import ABAP', the error message was got in the sapinst.log:

Loading of 'SAPSSEXC' import package: ERROR

Import Monitor jobs: running 2, waiting 3, completed 23, failed 1, total 29.

Loading of 'SAPAPPL0' import package: ERROR

Import Monitor jobs: running 1, waiting 3, completed 23, failed 2, total 29.

Loading of 'SAPAPPL1' import package: ERROR

Import Monitor jobs: running 0, waiting 3, completed 23, failed 3, total 29.

Import Monitor jobs: running 1, waiting 2, completed 23, failed 3, total 29.

Import Monitor jobs: running 2, waiting 1, completed 23, failed 3, total 29.

Loading of 'SAPAPPL2' import package: ERROR

Import Monitor jobs: running 1, waiting 1, completed 23, failed 4, total 29.

Loading of 'PKRT_LOAD' import package: ERROR

Import Monitor jobs: running 0, waiting 1, completed 23, failed 5, total 29.

ERROR 2011-04-22 23:09:21

CJS-30022 Program 'Migration Monitor' exits with error code 103. For details see log file(s) import_monitor.java.log, import_monitor.log.

any idea? thanks

@Lucas

what kind of installation master do you use? can you provide me the number of the compressed file? thanks

Edited by: Stephen Xue on Apr 25, 2011 7:06 AM

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

--> I think there is no problem with your exports,if there is error the installation will not proceed further.

-->Before running the installation please run the pre-requisite check if you are missing any mandatory steps it will show you.

refer the below link for mandatory steps before installing

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/soa-middleware/proc...

Thanks

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i found the following errors in the file: SAPAPPL0.log

(RF) ERROR: unknown DDIC type "D16D" at line 36969 in DB independent control file
Vboxsvr\g_drive\SAP\IDES\SAP_PI\51033237\DATA_UNITS\EXPORT_2\DATA\SAPAPPL0.STR

i wonder is there a version problem?

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i was informed by one of my friends that SAP PI 7.1 can not be installed on a 32-bit OS. i'll try once more with windows2003 server 64.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm doing the same installation but on Windows Server 2003 x64 and have exactly the same errors.

How was your installation on 64 bit OS? was it successfully or you had the same problems? Please advise!

Thanks.

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kirienkoff

the PI 7.1 has been successfully installed on windows 2003 server 64-bit with oracle database. whereas right now there is some problems with java stack. anyway the ABAP stack can be accessed via sapgui.

you have to use a pc with at least 4 gigabyte memory to install the system , or else maybe the installation can not get through the step: activate instance due to exceed time limit.

btw, which version of installation master is used?

i found installation master for ns 2004 sr2 has 97 steps whereas for PI 710 has only 40 steps. the latter one was chosen by me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen Xue,

yes we do have 4 Gb memory. Error message is exactly the same you wrote above, the same packages couldn't be imported.

I use the following installation master: 51040432_11.zip and you?

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

according to the number given, maybe the media chosen is for installation master(IM) version nw2004sSR2. therefore you'd confirm that the versions of java component, kernal and exported data are for nw2004(700) instead of 710.

from my point of view, the error may be caused by the in-consistent version of those chosen compoenets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responce, but which Installation Master have you used? I'll check the issue with the media, thanks for the hint.

Edited by: kirienkoff on May 20, 2011 2:15 PM